Filmed at Design Miami in front of a live audience, Lovegrove talks about the five images (which all happen to be of his own work) he selected in response to the Design Miami Chat Shows brief: My Design Life in Five Images.
See all the movies in this series posted so far or watch individual movies:
Design Miami Chat Shows are supported by Fendi.
Here's a biography of Lovegrove:
Ross was born in 1958 in Cardiff, Wales and graduated from Manchester Polytechnic in 1980. He received his MA from the Royal College of Art in 1983. In his early career, Ross designed for Frogdesign in West Germany, working on projects such as Sony Walkman and Apple Computers.
Later he moved to Paris to consult for Knoll International and, around the same time, he was invited to join the legendary Atelier de Nîmes along with Jean Nouvel and Phillipe Stark. Returning to London in 1986, Ross has completed projects for Airbus Industries, Kartell, Ceccotti, Cappellini, Idée, Moroso, Luceplan, Driade, Peugeot, Issey Miyake, Vitra, Motorola, LVMH, Tag Heuer, Hackman, Alias, Herman Miller, Japan Airlines and Toyo Ito Architects.
Winner of numerous international awards, his work has been extensively exhibited throughout the world at venues including MoMA (New York), Guggenheim Museum (New York), Centre Pompidou (Paris) and Design Museum (London). Ross Lovegrove will be doing a project for Swarovski at this year’s Design Miami/.
- RAWtation by Adi Zaffran Weisler
- Nixon launches military-inspired range… of men's watches
- Zuiderzee Settings by Kiki van Eijk
- Fashion fabric brand Vlisco to work wi…th "a list of designers"
- Bird Song with a Found Feather by Mart…in Smith/Laikingland
- Architects' sketches of chairs influen…ce Richard Hutten's seat for Offecct
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenha…gen's latest furniture collection
- Uflex bandage snaps around a wound and… inflates to stop bleeding
- Catenary Pottery Printer using analogu…e parametric design by gt2P
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories