Filmed at Design Miami in front of a live audience, Lovegrove talks about the five images (which all happen to be of his own work) he selected in response to the Design Miami Chat Shows brief: My Design Life in Five Images.
See all the movies in this series posted so far or watch individual movies:
Design Miami Chat Shows are supported by Fendi.
Here's a biography of Lovegrove:
Ross was born in 1958 in Cardiff, Wales and graduated from Manchester Polytechnic in 1980. He received his MA from the Royal College of Art in 1983. In his early career, Ross designed for Frogdesign in West Germany, working on projects such as Sony Walkman and Apple Computers.
Later he moved to Paris to consult for Knoll International and, around the same time, he was invited to join the legendary Atelier de Nîmes along with Jean Nouvel and Phillipe Stark. Returning to London in 1986, Ross has completed projects for Airbus Industries, Kartell, Ceccotti, Cappellini, Idée, Moroso, Luceplan, Driade, Peugeot, Issey Miyake, Vitra, Motorola, LVMH, Tag Heuer, Hackman, Alias, Herman Miller, Japan Airlines and Toyo Ito Architects.
Winner of numerous international awards, his work has been extensively exhibited throughout the world at venues including MoMA (New York), Guggenheim Museum (New York), Centre Pompidou (Paris) and Design Museum (London). Ross Lovegrove will be doing a project for Swarovski at this year’s Design Miami/.
- World Business Class cabin by Hella Jong…erius for KLM
- Big Jambox by Yves Behar for Jawbone at …Dezeen Super Store
- Xarxa Sofa by Martí Guixé for Danese
- Bell by Industrial Facility for IDEA Int…ernational
- Escape by Hanna Hedman
- Species of Illumination interactive ligh…ts go in search of humans and dark spots
- Luca Nichetto and Lera Moiseeva create c…eramic tableware for shared meals
- "It's nice to make a modernist table in …an old artisanal way" - Hugo Passos
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories