Cologne 2009: young German designer Pierre Kracht has created a collection of objects called Wrapped.
The collection consists of a free standing lamp, a light fitting and a chair all made of a cocoon of thread.
Here's a description by Kracht:
Wrapped - ensnares the past
Memories fashion our lives, yet fade with time. We want to hang on to them, secure them for the future, though this can only ever be an aspiration, for their true content remains ephemeral. Things become witnesses of their own history, their corporeality acts like a host. Their bodies are wrapped in thin string so that in the end they disappear; dissolve completely. Thus only their external forms remain in the usual place in the room, a mere hint, a shadow of what they are. Because they are no longer there, they question and confirm their purpose and function.
- Rise of Flames by Frederik Roijé
- "4D-printed" shape-changing dress and je…wellery by Nervous System
- ATREEM by Nitipak Samsen
- Tableware by ICOSAEDRO designed to be pr…inted out at home
- Konstantin Grcic for Plank
- Ran Out by Shlomit Bauman
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at designjunct…ion
- Crucifix Surge Protector by Means of Pro…duction
- Young Creative Poland at the London Desi…gn Festival
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories