New York design brand Areaware have launched Moof, an aluminium bicycle by Dutch designer Sjoerd Smit that features built-in solar-powered lights.
Here's some details from Areaware:
Designed in Amsterdam, MOOF’s unique aluminum construction houses two solar powered lamps - one to light the way and the other to make you visible from behind.
This single speed sleek and smooth urban cruiser is both smart and conscientious.
Bike Weight: 28.5 lbs (13 kg)
Frame: 6061 Series Powder-Coated Rustproof Aluminum
Drive Train: Chain Drive
Wheels: Alloy 28" (71 cm)
Tires: Kenda Cosmos
Lights: Solar powered LED
Brakes: Rear Coaster
Saddle: Adjustable springless leather saddle
Weight Limit: 264 lbs (120 kg)
Height Limit: 5’10" - 6’6" (179cm - 200cm)
Available for pre-order.
Approximate ship date: 25/4/2009
More cycling stories on Dezeen:
- Unit by Nosigner
- Eidos by Tim Bouckley, Millie Clive-Sm…ith, Mi Eun Kim and Yuta Sugawara
- Those speakers at last
- Soft side tables by Curtis Popp
- Dezeen Watch Store launches "Buy a nor…mal watch" campaign
- Manifold Clock by Studio Ve
- Pierre Charpin refits Apartment N°50 …in Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse
- Chaneldrip by Pepe Heykoop
- Furniture by Resident at designjunctio…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories