New York design brand Areaware have launched Moof, an aluminium bicycle by Dutch designer Sjoerd Smit that features built-in solar-powered lights.
Here's some details from Areaware:
Designed in Amsterdam, MOOF’s unique aluminum construction houses two solar powered lamps - one to light the way and the other to make you visible from behind.
This single speed sleek and smooth urban cruiser is both smart and conscientious.
Bike Weight: 28.5 lbs (13 kg)
Frame: 6061 Series Powder-Coated Rustproof Aluminum
Drive Train: Chain Drive
Wheels: Alloy 28" (71 cm)
Tires: Kenda Cosmos
Lights: Solar powered LED
Brakes: Rear Coaster
Saddle: Adjustable springless leather saddle
Weight Limit: 264 lbs (120 kg)
Height Limit: 5’10" - 6’6" (179cm - 200cm)
Available for pre-order.
Approximate ship date: 25/4/2009
More cycling stories on Dezeen:
- Circle or Dot by Giha Woo
- Irish studios collaborate on designs for… Milan exhibition
- Knitted tree and creatures by Donna Wils…on for the Stepney Green Design Collection
- Tube Amplifier by Case-Real for Elekit
- Inaugural collection by Petite Friture
- Alfashion by Sophie Lepinoy
- The Tank by Pharrell Williams
- AutoWed Wedding Machine by Concept Shed
- The Wool Parade by Doshi Levien for Kvad…rat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories