New York design brand Areaware have launched Moof, an aluminium bicycle by Dutch designer Sjoerd Smit that features built-in solar-powered lights.
Here's some details from Areaware:
Designed in Amsterdam, MOOF’s unique aluminum construction houses two solar powered lamps - one to light the way and the other to make you visible from behind.
This single speed sleek and smooth urban cruiser is both smart and conscientious.
Bike Weight: 28.5 lbs (13 kg)
Frame: 6061 Series Powder-Coated Rustproof Aluminum
Drive Train: Chain Drive
Wheels: Alloy 28" (71 cm)
Tires: Kenda Cosmos
Lights: Solar powered LED
Brakes: Rear Coaster
Saddle: Adjustable springless leather saddle
Weight Limit: 264 lbs (120 kg)
Height Limit: 5’10" - 6’6" (179cm - 200cm)
Available for pre-order.
Approximate ship date: 25/4/2009
More cycling stories on Dezeen:
- Inaugural London design sale and think t…ank at Phillips de Pury & Company
- Tea set by Leo Livshetz
- Dual Cut by Kitmen Keung for Sixinch
- Litracon light-transmitting concrete
- Scratches across Feroz wine label visual…ly communicate the taste
- Modebelofte 2014 exhibition showcases "i…nnovative" graduate fashion
- "Heat-shrinking the polystyrene cups cre…ated beautiful shapes" - Paul Cocksedge
- The T-shirt Issue by Mashallah Design & …Linda Kostowski
- Job Cabinet by Studio Job for Lensvelt
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories