New York design brand Areaware have launched Moof, an aluminium bicycle by Dutch designer Sjoerd Smit that features built-in solar-powered lights.
Here's some details from Areaware:
Designed in Amsterdam, MOOF’s unique aluminum construction houses two solar powered lamps - one to light the way and the other to make you visible from behind.
This single speed sleek and smooth urban cruiser is both smart and conscientious.
Bike Weight: 28.5 lbs (13 kg)
Frame: 6061 Series Powder-Coated Rustproof Aluminum
Drive Train: Chain Drive
Wheels: Alloy 28" (71 cm)
Tires: Kenda Cosmos
Lights: Solar powered LED
Brakes: Rear Coaster
Saddle: Adjustable springless leather saddle
Weight Limit: 264 lbs (120 kg)
Height Limit: 5’10" - 6’6" (179cm - 200cm)
Available for pre-order.
Approximate ship date: 25/4/2009
More cycling stories on Dezeen:
- Plant pot by Uli Budde
- M.A.S.T. by Joe Velluto
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Jan Rose
- Spider's Thread by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Stools at Galerie Kreo
- Philippe Starck for Driade
- "Working during an economic crisis is qu…ite exciting" - Job Smeets
- In Between by BCXSY for Inframince
- UNITEA by Fionn Tynan O'Mahony in The Ch…anging Room at Dezeen Super Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories