Designers Studioroom906 have created a collection of jewellery and writing equipment made of egg shells.
The Stitch Blooms Brooch (above) is made from the inner membrane of the shells, which can be reshaped when immersed in water, while the Childhood Memories writing set (below) is made from the shells using a high-pressure process.
"The generalised egg shell structure, which varies widely among species, is a protein matrix lined with mineral crystals," explains Nicolas Cheng of Studioroom906.
"This is a set of stationary and jewelry inspired by childhood memories, transforming the memories into pieces that remind you of your childhood with your mother," he continues.
The writing set includes a pencil, pencil holder, eraser and A5 paper.
- Interview with Denis Guidone
- 1.3 Chair by Ki Hyun Kim
- Amazon tests drones that could deliver p…ackages "in less than 30 minutes"
- Essentials II by Patrik Muff for Nymphen…burg
- Superkink by Osko+Deichmann for Blå Sta…tion
- Odd, Symbio and Bold by Jonas Wagell
- JAILmake pop-up studio at Tent London
- Ceramic radio by Studio Lama
- Fuksas, Hani and Zaha for Sawaya & Moron…i
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories