Designers Studioroom906 have created a collection of jewellery and writing equipment made of egg shells.
The Stitch Blooms Brooch (above) is made from the inner membrane of the shells, which can be reshaped when immersed in water, while the Childhood Memories writing set (below) is made from the shells using a high-pressure process.
"The generalised egg shell structure, which varies widely among species, is a protein matrix lined with mineral crystals," explains Nicolas Cheng of Studioroom906.
"This is a set of stationary and jewelry inspired by childhood memories, transforming the memories into pieces that remind you of your childhood with your mother," he continues.
The writing set includes a pencil, pencil holder, eraser and A5 paper.
- GamFratesi covers Milanese cloister wi…th mirrors for Mindcraft exhibition of Danish design
- Campana Brothers "would have disappear…ed" without Massimo Morozzi
- Foster + Partners combines the cruisin…g yacht with the day boat to create Alen 68 vessel
- Raw Edges Studio animates kitchen conc…ept for Caesarstone
- Game of Trust by Yiannis Ghikas
- Blickfang designworkshop: designers
- Ghost Stories by Nendo at Friedman Ben…da Gallery
- Hand-blown glass bubbles suspended in …wooden frames showcase precious objects
- Faceture by Phil Cuttance for the Step…ney Green Design Collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories