Designers Studioroom906 have created a collection of jewellery and writing equipment made of egg shells.
The Stitch Blooms Brooch (above) is made from the inner membrane of the shells, which can be reshaped when immersed in water, while the Childhood Memories writing set (below) is made from the shells using a high-pressure process.
"The generalised egg shell structure, which varies widely among species, is a protein matrix lined with mineral crystals," explains Nicolas Cheng of Studioroom906.
"This is a set of stationary and jewelry inspired by childhood memories, transforming the memories into pieces that remind you of your childhood with your mother," he continues.
The writing set includes a pencil, pencil holder, eraser and A5 paper.
- Design Art London 2007
- Five years ago...
- Elvie vaginal activity monitor helps str…engthen pelvic floor muscles
- Halfbike by Kolelinia lets riders stand …up while pedalling
- Andrea Rekalidis' ceramic desk-tidies ta…ke the form of Italian landmarks
- Designer New Year cards
- Alicja Prussakowska's Tilia coat stand r…esembles upended wooden skis
- Uniform Wares new colours at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Bread spoons by Niels Datema
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories