Designers Studioroom906 have created a collection of jewellery and writing equipment made of egg shells.
The Stitch Blooms Brooch (above) is made from the inner membrane of the shells, which can be reshaped when immersed in water, while the Childhood Memories writing set (below) is made from the shells using a high-pressure process.
"The generalised egg shell structure, which varies widely among species, is a protein matrix lined with mineral crystals," explains Nicolas Cheng of Studioroom906.
"This is a set of stationary and jewelry inspired by childhood memories, transforming the memories into pieces that remind you of your childhood with your mother," he continues.
The writing set includes a pencil, pencil holder, eraser and A5 paper.
- Barkow Leibinger chose "strong and elast…ic" cotton for tensile installation in Marrakech
- Lego-inspired modular structures restore… damaged coral reefs
- Studio Diip's goldfish-driven vehicle is… designed for "enhanced pet mobility"
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
- Architects' Jewellery collection is made… up of miniature draughting tools
- The Birth by Studio Job
- WertelOberfell dresses Mannequin chairs …in quilted upholstery
- &made offer free Milan rides
- Docks for Ophelis by Grosch + Meier
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories