Designers Studioroom906 have created a collection of jewellery and writing equipment made of egg shells.
The Stitch Blooms Brooch (above) is made from the inner membrane of the shells, which can be reshaped when immersed in water, while the Childhood Memories writing set (below) is made from the shells using a high-pressure process.
"The generalised egg shell structure, which varies widely among species, is a protein matrix lined with mineral crystals," explains Nicolas Cheng of Studioroom906.
"This is a set of stationary and jewelry inspired by childhood memories, transforming the memories into pieces that remind you of your childhood with your mother," he continues.
The writing set includes a pencil, pencil holder, eraser and A5 paper.
- Asimov's First Law scales by Alice Wang
- Hay pops up in Milan with miniature mark…etplace
- Ron Arad at Timothy Taylor Gallery
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
- Jar RGB by Arik Levy for Lasvit
- Tokyo Designers Week 2008
- Konstantin Grcic designs glass furniture… with moving parts for Galerie Kreo show
- Eley Kishimoto creates six geometric pri…nts for menswear collaboration
- Air Tattoos by Logical Art
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories