Manufactured in white, lacquered birch or natural, lacquered ash, the rockers slot onto the chair's legs without any fixings.
More information on the project website.
The following text is from Hironori Tsukue:
For several years, I have been an owner and user of the "seven chair” by Arne Jacobsen / Fritz Hansen. I use this chair every day as my working chair. I prefer this one to any ordinary high-tech office chairs. I also believe it looks much better in my home environment.
Unfortunately the sitting height is a little bit too low for an office chair. Therefore, I would like to present my solution to this problem. My idea is to add metal pipe legs to the original chair. Apart from obtaining a perfect height, different ways of sitting will be possible - to sit in different angles helps to reduce monotonous pressure on your body.
I believe this new working/rocking chair would be a nice alternative office chair, possible to use in offices as well as private homes, cafés, restaurants, public libraries etc.
The rocking parts are packaged in a small box, easy to buy and attach to the original ”seven chair” without any tools.
About 7 chair
Designed by danish architect Arne Jacobsen 1955 and sold over 5 million copies and still selling. Produced by Fritz Hansen.
- Force Lamp and Boy’s Lamp by Nika Zupa…nc
- XO tablet by Yves Behar for One Laptop …Per Child
- Design Miami Chat Shows: John Maeda
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- Furniture by Imaginary Office
- Lachapelle and Eno headline Design Indab…a
- Levels lamp by Form Us With Love for One… Nordic
- 20 litre Coat Stand by Peter Marigold
- Brooklyn's Egg Collective unveils handma…de wooden furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories