Milan 09: Italian designer Joe Velluto has designed a plastic vase that is crushed beneath a giant metal block after being moulded.
The process echoes the way plastic water bottles are crushed after use, creating a new form.
The vase will be part of the Plasticism exhibition of products from the Plust Collection.
Here's some text from Velluto:
PLASTICISM by PLUST Collection (www.plust.com) 22-27 April 2009 Spazio Rossana Orlandi Mutations, reflections and experimentations around plastic: as to say Plasticism.
PLUST Collection presents a new approach based on manufacturing processes and innovative finishes derived from the moulding of plastic with changes, transformation and renewal as core matters.
Design ventures in brand-new paths in the search of innovative styles: from a carefully study of the material follow the processes of elaboration, melting, pressure and transformation able to turn weaknesses into strengths. Mutations and experimentations able to generate different objects.
A poetical and ethical-oriented creation that suggests us a new point of view from which looking at the contemporary sustainability matter.
SAVING/SPACE/VASE Design by JVLT/JoeVelluto
Are you a bottle or a vase? In a sarcastic exchange of roles, Saving Space Vase undertook a pressure process as it comes out of the mould.
The original object, the vase, acquires a new connotation enriched with a different aesthetic and an extraneous meaning. A process that winks at our daily gestures, familiar as the one of pressing a PET bottle… preparing it at the second step of its existence, the recycling
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- CLS Mobile Drive by Sylvain Willenz
- Zaha Hadid and Hopkins among architects …to design London water fountains
- The Espresso Lamp by Fly-Pitcher
- Ixion windowless private jet by Technico…n Design offers immersive panoramic views
- İzz cafe and restaurant by Uğur Köse …and Batu Palmer
- TZOA wearable environment tracker measur…es UV and air pollution
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Noah lighting by Bethan Gray for John Le…wis
- Buildings of Disaster in gold by Constan…tin and Laurene Boym
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories