Here are new images of architects Herzog & de Meuron's extension to the Tate Modern art gallery in London, which was recently granted planning permission.
More details plus images of the architects earlier design for the extension in our earlier story.
The extension will add a new wing and also convert underground tanks (below), previously used to store oil for the former power station, into new galleries.
More Herzog & de Meuron stories on Dezeen:
- Officer House by Gayuh Budi Utomo
- Olympic Shooting Venue by Magma Architec…ture
- Nissan Y150 Dream Front pavilionby Toraf…u Architects
- Step Tower by EASTERN Design Office
- Casa Cubo by Isay Weinfeld
- Turner Contemporary by David Chipperfiel…d
- Bridge Studio by Saunders Architecture
- Northern Nautilus by Takato Tamagami
- School gatehouse built on a strict budge…t by Jonathan Tuckey Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories