Here are new images of architects Herzog & de Meuron's extension to the Tate Modern art gallery in London, which was recently granted planning permission.
More details plus images of the architects earlier design for the extension in our earlier story.
The extension will add a new wing and also convert underground tanks (below), previously used to store oil for the former power station, into new galleries.
More Herzog & de Meuron stories on Dezeen:
- Strelka transforms Russian Pavilion into… a trade fair of architectural ideas
- Psycho Buildings at The Hayward
- DVF Studio by Work Architecture Company
- House in Masaki by Hayato Komatsu Archit…ects
- House at Alibag by Malik Architecture
- Duggan Morris uses simple brickwork and …golden steel for canalside housing
- Drew Mandel Architects designs Moore Par…k Residence "to echo the rhythm of its neighbours"
- "We wanted real drama in a flat landscap…e" - Paul Baker on Gardens by the Bay
- Whiting Architects adds utilitarian exte…nsion to Melbourne residence
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories