Here are new images of architects Herzog & de Meuron's extension to the Tate Modern art gallery in London, which was recently granted planning permission.
More details plus images of the architects earlier design for the extension in our earlier story.
The extension will add a new wing and also convert underground tanks (below), previously used to store oil for the former power station, into new galleries.
More Herzog & de Meuron stories on Dezeen:
- House N by Maxwan
- OMA now preoccupied with "the countrysid…e and preservation" says Rem Koolhaas
- House at Punta Chilen by dRN Architects
- Hong Kong Design Institute by CAAU
- Copenhagen dance hall converted into off…ice for Danish law society
- Green Orchard by Paul Archer Design
- Knarvik Kinder garden by Juice Arkitektu…r
- Lehmann Maupin Gallery Hong Kong by OMA
- Skinny houses: "it's amazing how importa…nt one inch of space becomes"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories