Here are new images of architects Herzog & de Meuron's extension to the Tate Modern art gallery in London, which was recently granted planning permission.
More details plus images of the architects earlier design for the extension in our earlier story.
The extension will add a new wing and also convert underground tanks (below), previously used to store oil for the former power station, into new galleries.
More Herzog & de Meuron stories on Dezeen:
- Curving roofline enhances acoustics in…side house with a music hall by NKS Architects
- Community courtyard conceals a car par…k for Winnipeg housing by 5468796 Architecture
- House in Yamasaki by Tato Architects
- Floriade 2022 by MVRDV
- Darwin Centre by CF Møller
- Milstein Hall by OMA
- The Liquid Light of Diego Garcia by Vi…ktor Westerdahl
- Prefab blocks used to build cafe at a …modular construction factory in the Czech Republic
- The Shed at the National Theatre by Ha…worth Tompkins
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories