Here are new images of architects Herzog & de Meuron's extension to the Tate Modern art gallery in London, which was recently granted planning permission.
More details plus images of the architects earlier design for the extension in our earlier story.
The extension will add a new wing and also convert underground tanks (below), previously used to store oil for the former power station, into new galleries.
More Herzog & de Meuron stories on Dezeen:
- Startup City by 00:/ and Space Station
- Artist Car Park Studio by Edwards Moore
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: House K by H…iroyuki Shinozaki Architects
- Thula Fort Restoration by Abdullah Al-Ha…drami
- Muzeum Wojska Polskiego by WXCA
- World Architecture Festival and Inside F…estival: save 10% on entry fee
- R-House by Budi Pradono
- Hönshus-1 by Torsten Ottesjö
- Bow House by Edwards Moore has a narrow …middle that frames a patio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories