Japanese designers Inly Design have designed a combined bakery, dried food store and cafe in Osaka, Japan.
Multiple lamps hang from the ceiling on cables originating from a central light fitting.
Here's some text from the designers:
Project name: Konjaku-an
A bakery and a dried food store and a coffee shop. It is the shop which three types of industry mixed.
"Konjaku-an" makes cooking and bread with a cooking ingredient and the wisdom that there is from Japanese ancient times. It is from a reason to want modern people to know a Japanese good point once again.
The place was located in Osaka at Japan.
The handcrafted bread uses domestic wheat and uses almost organic food of other material every day.
The bread pursues Japanese style or the taste of the "Konjalu-an" style with those food.
The dried foods called "Kanbutsu" in Japan are preserved food to be come down from old days. They make the bread of the Japanese style with this "Kanbutsu" and offer Japanese traditional lunch.
Japanese "now and old days" coexisted, and we wanted to take the new style that and was free from the traditional approach in the design of the store.
Old footing board, a worn-out farm implement, the table of the antique, a bamboo colander, etc.
The pendant of the umbrella. A lighting equipment of the construction spot use. The partition which I made using a hula-hoop.etc.
Especially “now” It is not the product of new technology, it is that already, changing point of view, it uses the product which was used with another use in new use. I tried to be specialized in the idea.
The area is 116.18m. It opened on March 20
- MSGM fashion headquarters in a former bl…acksmith's workshop by Fabio Ferrillo
- Zaha Hadid designs apartment for Ronald …McDonald charity house
- Camper store in Lyon by Studio Makkink &… Bey
- BIG and Kilo Design transform Copenhagen… basement into tiled South American restaurant
- Pure Groove Records by Threefold Archite…cts
- Movie: Tokujin Yoshioka – Spectrum
- Future Fashions exhibition by You Are He…re and Glamcult Studio
- New Room by Nuno Capa
- Industrial-style offices by DH Liberty m…ix reclaimed objects with minimal aesthetic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories