Here's some text from Plank:
After the projects Miura and Myto the MONZA chair embodies the further development and deepening of the collaboration between KONSTANTIN GRCIC and PLANK.
The project connects the materials wood and plastic injection moulding and hence, the artisan roots of PLANK with the characteristics of modern industrial design.
The MONZA armchair is conceived as a simple wood-construction which formally refers to a typology of chairs originating in Scandinavia. The chair’s main character is defined by a back-/armrest in plastic moulding, which on the one hand serves the chair’s structure and on the other provides comfort and colour.
Application areas: Contract, Gastronomy, Living and Office.
Technical details: Armchair, ash wooden structure – natural lacquered or stained-lacquered in black or wenge. Backrest in polypropylene in the colours in black, grey white, traffic red, wine red, light blue, yellow green. Stackable.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Formwork by Industrial Facility for Herm…an Miller
- Download the first FOMO experiment in al…gorithmic publishing direct from Milan
- The Guest by Jaime Hayón for Lladró
- Book Vases by Laura Cahill
- Homedia TV by Robert Bronwasser
- Reebok Flash store by Formavision
- Silvia Fado designs impact absorbers for… more comfortable high-heeled shoes
- Mischer'Traxler reveals manufacturing pr…ocesses by transforming objects into tool kits
- Tokyo Designers Week 2008
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories