The launch took place at their first flagship store in Milan. Above: Haphazard Harmony by Maarten Baas.
Above and below: Scissor rocking chair by Kiki van Eijk
Here are some more details from Skitsch:
Announcing the birth of SKITSCH, a new brand and a company with a new formula in the field of design.
SKITSCH has been created by Renato Preti, who already has a record of highly successful projects in the field of furniture and interior design such as Unopiù, B&B Italia and Moooi.
Alongside Renato Preti, shareholder and C.E.O., a group of important Italian entrepreneurs who believe in the quality and innovation of the project, including Alberto Bombassei (Vice President of Confindustria [the Italian Industrialist Association], President and CEO of Brembo Group) and Luca Bombassei (partner and founder of BLAST architects in Milan), Adriano Teso (President of IVM Group), Isidoro Fratus (President of MDF and Managing Director of Atalanta Football Club) and Giuseppe Cornetto Bourlot (President of KINES Finanziaria and representative of Schroders in Rome). Below: Cacto by Jiri Pelcl
The development of the new brand will be based on four main innovations:
- a direct and multi-channel system of distribution, focused on flagship stores, sales catalogues and e-commerce;
- a collection of design objects, all exclusively created by prestigious designers to combine quality, functionality and “reason why” with a creative and emotional project;
- a range of products that covers all the needs and desires, from furniture to accessories, from candles to games, which is aimed to provide clients with an integrated service that will allow them to find a complete and varied offer all in one store, catalogue or website;
- a selection of proposals from objects to furniture and accessories, conceived and organized to give clients an eclectic and original choice for both indoor and outdoor.
SKITSCH will debut at the next Salone del Mobile, Milan Furniture Week, with a great event to celebrate both the launch of the brand and the opening of its first flagship store: 600 square metres and 13 windows, in the heart of Milan, in Via Monte di Pietà 11 (on the corner of Via Fratelli Gabba). Above and below: Build Up by Philippe Nigro
The first collection will offer more than 50 new design projects created by 28 of the most well-known designers on the international design scene, and some of the most interesting emerging ones, under the artistic supervision of Cristina Morozzi. Below: 2DLED Lamp by ding3000
Completing the collection, a careful selection of existing pieces by renowned designers from the most interesting Italian and international design companies who work in line with the philosophy of SKITSCH. Below: Bookshelf by Front
The choice of the name SKITSCH fully expresses the philosophy of the brand: to offer a selection of non ordinary, high quality and great design products directly to the final client. Below: Blow Up Table by Xavier Lust
Elspeth Diederix, the famous photographer and visual artist, will shoot the advertising campaign.
Above and below: Zucca by Todd Bracher
Below and top image: Ziggy by Fabio Bortolani
Below: Cuir by Palomba Serafini.
Below: Wood Floor Lamp by the Campana Brothers
Below: Mirrored High Dresser by Joost van Bleiswijk
Below: Squilibri by Philippe Nigro
Below: Saily by Pagani & Perversi
Below: Oppiacei Papaver by Diego Grandi and Manolo Bossi
Below: Cardboard Vase by Paolo Ulian
- eCity by eBoy
- Footwear by Zaha Hadid for Lacoste
- Strange Symphony by Philipp Weber
- Noooodle by Ding3000
- Light Shadows by Zero and Orrefors Kosta… Boda
- Moonwatch by The Emotion Lab
- UM Project designs multi-material malle…ts for Cooper Hewitt's museum shop
- Designed in Hackney: Luminous Lace by Lo…op.pH
- 20 Designers at Biologiska
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories