Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- Geta furniture range by Arik Levy for Mo…dus
- New Fiat 500
- Dezeen's style editor selects his top fi…ve installations and products from Milan 2014
- "There's a real reason to invest in New …York's design sector"
- United Crystal Woods by Marcel Wanders f…or Baccarat
- Zuiderzee Settings by Kiki van Eijk
- Buttons by Studio Swine
- Sebastian Cox and Lorna Singleton use an…cient crafting technique to weave wooden furniture
- Hand-blown light bulbs by Dylan Kehde Ro…elofs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories