Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- Zaha Hadid to exhibit work by her favour…ite fashion designer
- Pinch&Grind by Roger Arquer for Royal VK…B
- Artist in Jewellery by David Watkins
- °XXXLamp by Bart Lens
- XO tablet by Yves Behar for One Laptop …Per Child
- Theo at The Temporium
- Daan Roosegaarde's glowing Van Gogh cycl…e path to open in the Netherlands
- Sur les Rivages by Aïssa Logerot and Am…andine Chhor
- Curtain Call by Ron Arad at the Roundhou…se
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories