Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- Continue Time by Sander Mulder
- My Way talks: unfold
- Doubleface by Postfossil
- Today we like: bicycles
- MUT Design uses copper, marble and ash… for "seductive" freestanding kitchen
- Benjamin Hubert patterns ceramic conta…iners with raised seams
- Threshold by Allison Urban
- Biomass by Ahhaproject
- Volvo's reflective Life Paint turns bi…cycles and clothes into high-visibility objects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories