Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- Untreated brass creates contrast in Dani…el Schofield's Tarnish tableware collection
- From the Knees of my Nose to the Belly o…f my Toes by Alex Chinneck
- Slow White by Bo Reudler - new pieces
- Mondaine Evo Quartz now in at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Terrastool by the Campana Brothers for G…alerie Kreo
- Claesson Koivisto Rune refines the Champ…agne glass
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers
- Barber and Osgerby's giant rotating mirr…ors reflect Raphael paintings inside the V&A
- Dezeen Watch Store: Iconograph chronogra…ph by Werner Aisslinger
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories