Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- Water=Life by Arik Levy
- Apollo by International
- Chineasy illustrated characters designed… to make learning Chinese easy
- Telling Tales at the V&A
- Something designs lamp for Ligne Roset t…o look like a bellflower
- Nendo designs Winnie-the-Pooh glassware …for Walt Disney Japan
- Log sofa by Patricia Urquiola for Artela…no
- Dejection-moulding by Manuel Jouvin
- The Lacemaker by Tord Boontje
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories