Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- New magazines: "Our goal was to map the …domestic landscape"
- Tripod table by Noon Studio
- Chineasy illustrated characters designed… to make learning Chinese easy
- KiBiSi by Kilo Design, BIG and Skibsted …Ideation
- Twisting barbed wire fence installed by …Didier Faustino at Cincinnati's Contemporary Arts Center
- Vivienne Westwood launches Virgin Atlant…ic uniforms
- Mooncake by +tongtong
- The Front & Back by Giha Woo and Shingoe…un
- Dezeen Watch Store winter sale: 20% off …best-selling watches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories