Milan 09: here are some images of The Gospel installation, a body of work exhibited by Belgian designers Studio Job in Milan last month.
The project comprises lead glass and rosewood sculptures depicting biblical scenes (see our previous story) and a rusty, oversized, cast-iron dinner service called The Last Supper (see our other previous story).
These two elements were used as inspiration for a twelve-piece, hand made dinner service.
An industrially produced collection inspired by the project will be manufactured by Dutch porcelain manufacturer Royal Tichelaar Makkum.
The work was on show at Chiostri di San Simpliciano.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Studio Job:
- Rianne Koensâ€™ stackable drawers functi…on as cabinets, tables and stools
- NikeFuel Station at Boxpark
- The Aesthetic of Fears by Dorry Hsu
- CATable by Hao Ruan offers a shared work… surface for cats and their owners
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Paula BenvegnÃ…º
- Tephra Formations by Robert Stadler
- Porosity Bench by Steven Holl Architects
- Pipe Light by Triptyque
- Second Skin by Quinze & Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories