"I designed this lamp with the image of a bird perched silently under the moonlight in mind," says Hashimoto.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
The information below is from Yamagiwa:
Each body is individually carved in wood. State of the art light source technology is applied for the ultra-thin sleek illuminated panel. The sculptural form of this lamp is enhanced by the harmony of warm natural materials combined with advanced technology.
More Dezeen stories about Yamagiwa:
- Biomass by Ahhaproject
- Mr Chocolate Moustaches by Diego Ramos
- 50by70 by Tim Fishlock for Habitat
- DS3 by Citroën
- Crazy Hair by Studio Marisol and CuldeSa…c
- "Eindhoven has design, it has science an…d it has industry"
- Tropism: Commonwealth vs. Joshua Davis
- Vita interactive by Massimo Mariani
- Urbanears by Norra Norr
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories