"I designed this lamp with the image of a bird perched silently under the moonlight in mind," says Hashimoto.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
The information below is from Yamagiwa:
Each body is individually carved in wood. State of the art light source technology is applied for the ultra-thin sleek illuminated panel. The sculptural form of this lamp is enhanced by the harmony of warm natural materials combined with advanced technology.
More Dezeen stories about Yamagiwa:
- Federico Babina imagines film stars livi…ng inside famous architect-designed houses
- "Heat-shrinking the polystyrene cups cre…ated beautiful shapes" - Paul Cocksedge
- 1040 hPa collection by Beton
- Living-Tools by Yi-Cong Lu
- Alliance glass collection encourages dri…nkers to match wine with water
- Fading Desk by Thijmen van der Steen
- Fondue lamp shaped like a cheese-melting… pot by Luca Nichetto
- Dominic Wilcox's absurd inventions displ…ayed in Selfridges' window
- Valentine by Marcel Wanders for Moooi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories