"I designed this lamp with the image of a bird perched silently under the moonlight in mind," says Hashimoto.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
The information below is from Yamagiwa:
Each body is individually carved in wood. State of the art light source technology is applied for the ultra-thin sleek illuminated panel. The sculptural form of this lamp is enhanced by the harmony of warm natural materials combined with advanced technology.
More Dezeen stories about Yamagiwa:
- Benjamin John Hall takes a hammer to por…celain shoes during live event
- Prima installation by Zaha Hadid for Swa…rovski at Vitra Campus
- Porsche Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- Gothic Chair by Studio Job for Moooi
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- Karolina by Designklein
- Marcel Wanders and Arik Levy for 20ltd
- Timeline by Luca Nichetto for Skultuna
- Dyson Hard two-in-one vacuum cleaner by …Dyson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories