The installation coincides with an exhibition of NL Architects' work in the building, which was designed by Vladimir Dedecek and completed in 1979.
The exhibition, called Modernice! is currently on show in the the museum until 21 June. Above: original photo by Hertha Harnaus.
More details about the exhibition on NL Architects' blog.
Here's some more information from the architects:
Modernice! NL Architects at Slovak National Gallery, Bratislava
From may 19th until june 21st the Slovak National Gallery in Bratislava has invited us for an exhibition in a spectacular over 50 meter long 'bridge' of the museum. Titled 'Modernice!' the exhibition shows 'numerous projects in various stages of development' of NL Architects.
As an introduction to this exhibition a short reflection on the brutal sculptural museum building by Vladimir Dedecek is attached. It's brutal and elegant facade is currently ruined by a gigantic billboard that obscures it's qualities. The project 'Feel the difference' is an attempt to invent a specific advertisement for this building.
More Dezeen Stories about NL Architects:
- Studio Makkink & Bey create furniture fo…r a nomadic living room
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i for Alessi at Dezeen Watch Store
- Sweet and Heady by Ray Power
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an expe…rience in motion" for Volvo
- Brave New World Lamp by Fresh West for M…oooi
- In No Time by Sandra Backlund
- Patch Project by Beza Projekt
- Osmosis Interactive Arena by Arik Levy
- Rrround by Arttu Kuisma and Janne Melajo…ki
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories