The installation coincides with an exhibition of NL Architects' work in the building, which was designed by Vladimir Dedecek and completed in 1979.
The exhibition, called Modernice! is currently on show in the the museum until 21 June. Above: original photo by Hertha Harnaus.
More details about the exhibition on NL Architects' blog.
Here's some more information from the architects:
Modernice! NL Architects at Slovak National Gallery, Bratislava
From may 19th until june 21st the Slovak National Gallery in Bratislava has invited us for an exhibition in a spectacular over 50 meter long 'bridge' of the museum. Titled 'Modernice!' the exhibition shows 'numerous projects in various stages of development' of NL Architects.
As an introduction to this exhibition a short reflection on the brutal sculptural museum building by Vladimir Dedecek is attached. It's brutal and elegant facade is currently ruined by a gigantic billboard that obscures it's qualities. The project 'Feel the difference' is an attempt to invent a specific advertisement for this building.
More Dezeen Stories about NL Architects:
- ZE by Renault
- Vika's modular bathroom range is designe…d to create comfortable wash areas
- Heart for Japan by Delphine Perrot
- Aplomb by Lucidi and Pevere for Foscarin…i
- Traditional Windsor chair updated by Mik…ko Hannula
- Here! Sod T-Shirt Packaging by Prompt De…sign
- Matali Crasset's Self-made Seat is a sof…a made from modules that can be carried like suitcases
- Juergen Mayer H exhibits stone sculpture… based on data-protection patterns in Miami
- Ladder Coat Rack by Yenwen Tseng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories