The installation coincides with an exhibition of NL Architects' work in the building, which was designed by Vladimir Dedecek and completed in 1979.
The exhibition, called Modernice! is currently on show in the the museum until 21 June. Above: original photo by Hertha Harnaus.
More details about the exhibition on NL Architects' blog.
Here's some more information from the architects:
Modernice! NL Architects at Slovak National Gallery, Bratislava
From may 19th until june 21st the Slovak National Gallery in Bratislava has invited us for an exhibition in a spectacular over 50 meter long 'bridge' of the museum. Titled 'Modernice!' the exhibition shows 'numerous projects in various stages of development' of NL Architects.
As an introduction to this exhibition a short reflection on the brutal sculptural museum building by Vladimir Dedecek is attached. It's brutal and elegant facade is currently ruined by a gigantic billboard that obscures it's qualities. The project 'Feel the difference' is an attempt to invent a specific advertisement for this building.
More Dezeen Stories about NL Architects:
- Min-Kyu Choi wins Brit Insurance Design …of the Year Award 2010
- Designer Christmas cards
- Tube Map Radio by Yuri Suzuki
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- An Almost Ephimeral Autumn by Luzinterru…ptus
- Gruff by Arno Mathies
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
- DoorBot wireless doorbell by Edison Juni…or Design Laboratory
- Interview: Margriet Vollenberg and Margo… Koning
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories