In this video interview filmed by Dezeen for the Design Museum's Super Contemporary exhibition, fashion designer Hussein Chalayan talks about his relationship with London and the way the city has influenced his work (see movie below).
Super Contemporary is at the Design Museum, London from 3 June to 4 October 2009. The exhibition includes a dozen interviews with key London-based designers filmed by Dezeen. We'll be publishing more of them on Dezeen over the coming days. See our previous interview with Neville Brody.
- Dezeen Screen: Ian Callum on the Jaguar… C-X75
- Tropism: Commonwealth vs. Joshua Davis
- Delft Blue vases by Marcel Wanders
- Diller and Scofidio create "mischievous"… leak inside Jean Nouvel's glass gallery
- Lighting design in New York is "like Dut…ch design in the nineties"
- Stream of Light by Olivia Lee and Alieno…r de Chambrier
- Stack by Shay Alkalay
- Lulu lamp by Jean-Sébastien Lagrange
- Madelene Björk at New Designers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories