More from British designer Karen Ryan: she's taken a penknife to an existing chair to create Whittle Chair.
This is the first in a series of whittle pieces, she tells us.
See also yesterday's story on Ryan's Trilogy series of plates.
Here's some info from Ryan:
'Whittle Chair' by Karen Ryan
Whittle is about less. All it requires is a penknife and an unwanted chair.
One afternoon I took the unwanted chair out of my kitchen and began whittling it whilst watching an old black and white Bette Davis movie.
The whittle chairs naivety is intentional as the process is left to be intuitive and unplanned.
The original chair is made naked revealing a different physical and emotional state, one of fragility and imperfections.
This is first in a series of whittle pieces.
- Pangenerator's installation of transluce…nt pyramids flashes in waves of light
- Garden furniture by Kilian Schindler
- I Wanna Deliver A Dolphin... concept for… humans giving birth to their food by Ai Hasegawa
- No Noise de-branded design at Selfridges
- Skin Secret by I-Ting Ho
- Designed in Hackney: Living Room by Gitt…a Gschwendtner
- Divers by Janina Loeve
- 100% Inspiration: Jamie Anley
- Metamorphose Spoons by Alexa Lixfeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories