Layers of industrial, wool felt are laminated either side of the plywood core.
Here's a bit of text from Yu-Hun Kim:
‘EWE’ is a charaterised stool, inspired by the contrasting textural feature of soft and hard felt. It is playful, warm, cozy and natural.
Industrial felt, made form soft wool fiber, can be cut to precise sizes and thicknesses.
By cutting the laminated felt to a clean edge the stool has the appearance of solid object, however it still retains the felts softness like fur.
- ADD System Furniture by Werner Aisslinge…r for Flötotto
- Hand-drawn animated music video by Rosan…na Wan for Tom Rosenthal
- The Bic Blue Cabinet by Studio Libertiny
- Lodelei by Martin Pärn and Edina Dufala…-Pärn for Nils Holger Moormann
- Fingers by Nik Ramage for Laikingland
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothers at Vi…tra Design Museum
- In Praise of Shadows at The V&A
- The Upside Dome by Gijs Van Vaerenbergh
- Trolleys by Anna Kraitz for Källemo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories