Layers of industrial, wool felt are laminated either side of the plywood core.
Here's a bit of text from Yu-Hun Kim:
‘EWE’ is a charaterised stool, inspired by the contrasting textural feature of soft and hard felt. It is playful, warm, cozy and natural.
Industrial felt, made form soft wool fiber, can be cut to precise sizes and thicknesses.
By cutting the laminated felt to a clean edge the stool has the appearance of solid object, however it still retains the felts softness like fur.
- Black Ruby by Studio Debbie Wijskamp
- Dezeen Platform: AT.AW.
- Bamboo tricycle by a21studio
- Jasper Morrison designs a USB charger to… power multiple devices
- The Chicken Projectby Kieren Jones
- 1/5 scale paper chair by Taiji Fujimori
- BMW reinterprets 1970s racing coupé as …a carbon-fibre concept car
- Are you the UK’s Young Design Entrepre…neur 2008?
- Drawstring Lamp by Design Stories and Re…turhuset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories