Layers of industrial, wool felt are laminated either side of the plywood core.
Here's a bit of text from Yu-Hun Kim:
‘EWE’ is a charaterised stool, inspired by the contrasting textural feature of soft and hard felt. It is playful, warm, cozy and natural.
Industrial felt, made form soft wool fiber, can be cut to precise sizes and thicknesses.
By cutting the laminated felt to a clean edge the stool has the appearance of solid object, however it still retains the felts softness like fur.
- Scribble's colour-matching pen can write… in millions of tones
- //Slash sofa by Adrien Rovero for Campeg…gi
- Apprentice shoes by Doshi Levien
- Ora-Ito at Belgrade Design Week
- Carl Hansen & Søn updates Hans J Wegner…'s reversible tray table with smoked oak surfaces
- Oato's porcelain vases fit together to f…orm miniature "landscapes"
- M3 Chair by Thomas Feichtner
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
- Haori Hakama and Yukuta by NOI
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories