Layers of industrial, wool felt are laminated either side of the plywood core.
Here's a bit of text from Yu-Hun Kim:
‘EWE’ is a charaterised stool, inspired by the contrasting textural feature of soft and hard felt. It is playful, warm, cozy and natural.
Industrial felt, made form soft wool fiber, can be cut to precise sizes and thicknesses.
By cutting the laminated felt to a clean edge the stool has the appearance of solid object, however it still retains the felts softness like fur.
- Me mirrors by Mathias Hahn for Asplund
- Satellite by Mr Jones Watches at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic and Emeco …for the Parrish Art Museum
- 251 Series by Uniform Wares with new t…an strap at Dezeen Watch Store
- Freedom of Creation at 100% Design
- Luca Nichetto and Lera Moiseeva create… ceramic tableware for shared meals
- Taxing Art by Beta Tank
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe… Starck
- Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie Massaud
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories