Young German designer Uli Budde has designed a plant pot with a built-in saucer.
Presented at DMY Allstars in Berlin earlier this year, the terracotta pot features an extended tray at the base to catch excess water, which can be absorbed by the plant as needed.
More stories about products for growing plants:
Here's a little text from Budde:
A re-interpretation of the traditional combination of flower pot and saucer in one product. Simplifying the external watering through a simple formal intervention leading to an extension - while formally referring to a flower pot with a saucer. A bigger amount of water can be poured into the extension opening of the pot, which can be absorbed by the plant whenever needed.
- Atmospheric Reentry by Maiko Takeda
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: The Tournament by Jaime Hayón
- Jawbone Prime and Ear Candy by Fuseproje…ct
- Formstelle designs Lounge Chair 808 for …Thonet with "wave effect" upholstery
- Using traditional crafts in design is no…t "sentimental" says Sebastian Cox
- Turtle by Sehwan Oh
- Matali Crasset creates faceted presentat…ion cases from concrete
- Zaha Hadid among celebrity Christmas bau…ble designers
- More Design Indaba videos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories