Young German designer Uli Budde has designed a plant pot with a built-in saucer.
Presented at DMY Allstars in Berlin earlier this year, the terracotta pot features an extended tray at the base to catch excess water, which can be absorbed by the plant as needed.
More stories about products for growing plants:
Here's a little text from Budde:
A re-interpretation of the traditional combination of flower pot and saucer in one product. Simplifying the external watering through a simple formal intervention leading to an extension - while formally referring to a flower pot with a saucer. A bigger amount of water can be poured into the extension opening of the pot, which can be absorbed by the plant whenever needed.
- BIG Chair Project for Jamie Oliver at Re…public of Fritz Hansen
- McLaren unveils designs for 675LT superc…ar
- Naturoscopie II by Noé Duchaufour-Lawra…nce
- Folio Staircase by Disguincio & Co
- L40 and L41 by Geoffrey Lilge
- History Chess by Boym Partners
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at SuperDesign
- Fuksas, Hani and Zaha for Sawaya & Moron…i
- Seamless collection by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories