Young German designer Uli Budde has designed a plant pot with a built-in saucer.
Presented at DMY Allstars in Berlin earlier this year, the terracotta pot features an extended tray at the base to catch excess water, which can be absorbed by the plant as needed.
More stories about products for growing plants:
Here's a little text from Budde:
A re-interpretation of the traditional combination of flower pot and saucer in one product. Simplifying the external watering through a simple formal intervention leading to an extension - while formally referring to a flower pot with a saucer. A bigger amount of water can be poured into the extension opening of the pot, which can be absorbed by the plant whenever needed.
- Long Distance Watch allows far-flung lov…ers to stay in touch
- Bote by Big-Game for Materia
- Nested Bunk Beds by Tsai Design Studio
- Chamber design gallery opens in New York…'s Chelsea
- Sling Back by Quirky
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 3
- Woop Studios at The Temporium
- Footwear by Zaha Hadid for Lacoste
- Toyo Ito for Yamagiwa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories