French designers Benjamin Riot & Valentin Sollier have designed a chair based on the DSW chair by Charles and Ray Eames.
The inside of the seat is curved while the outer surface is angular.
Metal legs are inserted into the underframe, which is part of the chair's shell.
Here's some text from the designers:
The Lockheed Chair takes its inspiration in one of the 21st century design icon: the Ray & Charles Eames DSW.
With an aggressive design and a strong identity, it seduces thanks to its overall harmony that emerges, despite the existent contrast between inner curvy shape and the outside geometry.
- Losing Your Marbles by Charlotte Moneype…nny
- Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Colour Nativity by Sebastian Bergne
- Tabbed Chair by Scott, Rich and Victoria
- Form Tea Set made of brass by Tom Dixon
- Dezeen Watch Store at Clerkenwell Design… Week
- Smoke by Maarten Baas
- Pool exhibits geometric furniture in for…mer school for Biennale Interieur 2014
- Dezeen archive: 3D printing
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories