French designers Benjamin Riot & Valentin Sollier have designed a chair based on the DSW chair by Charles and Ray Eames.
The inside of the seat is curved while the outer surface is angular.
Metal legs are inserted into the underframe, which is part of the chair's shell.
Here's some text from the designers:
The Lockheed Chair takes its inspiration in one of the 21st century design icon: the Ray & Charles Eames DSW.
With an aggressive design and a strong identity, it seduces thanks to its overall harmony that emerges, despite the existent contrast between inner curvy shape and the outside geometry.
- Royèroid by Robert Stadler
- Nendo turns Alcantara material into timb…er-patterned furniture
- Shanghai by hop!design
- Scum Light by Jerszy Seymour
- SIRE glasses by Aekae
- Boutique Runway by CLS Architetti
- Seamless collection by Zaha Hadid
- Kinetic louvres move in three dimensions… to screen sunlight from any angle
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Jaimee …McKenna
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories