French designers Benjamin Riot & Valentin Sollier have designed a chair based on the DSW chair by Charles and Ray Eames.
The inside of the seat is curved while the outer surface is angular.
Metal legs are inserted into the underframe, which is part of the chair's shell.
Here's some text from the designers:
The Lockheed Chair takes its inspiration in one of the 21st century design icon: the Ray & Charles Eames DSW.
With an aggressive design and a strong identity, it seduces thanks to its overall harmony that emerges, despite the existent contrast between inner curvy shape and the outside geometry.
- Nendo's latest umbrella hides a cover …in its handle
- Dezeen Watch Store newsletter #1
- OPUS Shop by Paradox Studio
- e-glue vinyl wall decorations for chil…dren
- Lawrence Lek at Designers in Residence… 2012
- Behind the scenes with Dominic Wilcox …making his "stained-glass driverless car"
- Marjan van Aubel's "stained glass wind…ow" harvests solar energy to charge mobile phones
- Collar and Hexagon by Nendo
- In No Time by Sandra Backlund
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories