French designers Benjamin Riot & Valentin Sollier have designed a chair based on the DSW chair by Charles and Ray Eames.
The inside of the seat is curved while the outer surface is angular.
Metal legs are inserted into the underframe, which is part of the chair's shell.
Here's some text from the designers:
The Lockheed Chair takes its inspiration in one of the 21st century design icon: the Ray & Charles Eames DSW.
With an aggressive design and a strong identity, it seduces thanks to its overall harmony that emerges, despite the existent contrast between inner curvy shape and the outside geometry.
- The Dinner Party/True-to-life Design by …Scholten & Baijings
- Gravity candle holder by Jólan van der …Wiel
- Dubious London Town by Vic Lee at The Te…mporium
- Gaetano Pesce for Meritalia
- Dezeen launches Zaha Hadid blog
- Droog show Taiwan fruits
- A3 Animals by Michael Schoner
- Dutch Design Week presents trends "two y…ears ahead of Milan"
- Adelaide by Xie Dong at Driade
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories