Called Concrete Things, the chairs consist of concrete blocks with seats hollowed out, marked with a grid that was inspired by paving.
Six of the blocks are located outside Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.
More about Komplot on Dezeen: Nobody Chair
Here's some more information from Komplot:
By KOMPLOT DESIGN
”Concrete Things” – series of outdoor concrete furniture questioning the relation between the individual and the collective in public space. Simple geometric shapes with pavement inspired grid, which deformation keeps memory of somebody once seated in them.
Drawn in the air by thin lines of steel rods it becomes a weightless wireframe ghost-image of the heavy, very “material” concrete chair…
2009 PURCHASED BY NATIONAL ART FOUNDATION and placed besides the entrance to Rigshospitalet - Copenhagen University Hospital.
- Aquariva by Marc Newson
- David Bowie is at the V&A
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Gareth …Pugh
- Alain Gilles' extendable Tracks Table re…veals its inner workings
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Rubikon Pinhole Rebel by Jaroslav Juřic…a
- SO-IL wraps white plastic around New Yor…k's Storefront gallery
- Made in Japan by Antrepo
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: The Toaster Projec…t by Thomas Thwaites
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories