Called Concrete Things, the chairs consist of concrete blocks with seats hollowed out, marked with a grid that was inspired by paving.
Six of the blocks are located outside Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.
More about Komplot on Dezeen: Nobody Chair
Here's some more information from Komplot:
By KOMPLOT DESIGN
”Concrete Things” – series of outdoor concrete furniture questioning the relation between the individual and the collective in public space. Simple geometric shapes with pavement inspired grid, which deformation keeps memory of somebody once seated in them.
Drawn in the air by thin lines of steel rods it becomes a weightless wireframe ghost-image of the heavy, very “material” concrete chair…
2009 PURCHASED BY NATIONAL ART FOUNDATION and placed besides the entrance to Rigshospitalet - Copenhagen University Hospital.
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i now comes with a Nato strap
- Toyo Ito for Yamagiwa
- Arik Levy's colourful chairs for TON hav…e legs that split in two
- Cauliflowers create moulds for "monster"… stool by Studio Pasternak
- Flying Santa giveaway at The Temporium
- Daniel Weil designs deconstructed clocks… for Design Museum exhibition
- Extra-ORdinary by Jennifer Rabatel
- Tinkebell. at Torch Gallery
- Bouroullec brothers design a bent steel …triangle to frame Artek furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories