Called Concrete Things, the chairs consist of concrete blocks with seats hollowed out, marked with a grid that was inspired by paving.
Six of the blocks are located outside Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.
More about Komplot on Dezeen: Nobody Chair
Here's some more information from Komplot:
By KOMPLOT DESIGN
”Concrete Things” – series of outdoor concrete furniture questioning the relation between the individual and the collective in public space. Simple geometric shapes with pavement inspired grid, which deformation keeps memory of somebody once seated in them.
Drawn in the air by thin lines of steel rods it becomes a weightless wireframe ghost-image of the heavy, very “material” concrete chair…
2009 PURCHASED BY NATIONAL ART FOUNDATION and placed besides the entrance to Rigshospitalet - Copenhagen University Hospital.
- //Slash sofa by Adrien Rovero for Campeg…gi
- Light Modulator by Studio Lazerian
- Health-monitoring components designed fo…r Google's Project Ara modular smartphone
- Busk + Hertzog adds wooden legs to Capri… chairs for +Halle
- Lego Minifigures hacked with Sugru to cr…eate iPhone cable holders
- Ananas by Study O Portable
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Ilse Crawford
- Good Morning moka pot and Tuamotu hob by… Anderssen & Voll
- Banksy masterpiece destroyed by vandals
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories