Called Concrete Things, the chairs consist of concrete blocks with seats hollowed out, marked with a grid that was inspired by paving.
Six of the blocks are located outside Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.
More about Komplot on Dezeen: Nobody Chair
Here's some more information from Komplot:
By KOMPLOT DESIGN
”Concrete Things” – series of outdoor concrete furniture questioning the relation between the individual and the collective in public space. Simple geometric shapes with pavement inspired grid, which deformation keeps memory of somebody once seated in them.
Drawn in the air by thin lines of steel rods it becomes a weightless wireframe ghost-image of the heavy, very “material” concrete chair…
2009 PURCHASED BY NATIONAL ART FOUNDATION and placed besides the entrance to Rigshospitalet - Copenhagen University Hospital.
- Zaha Hadid installs aluminium wave ove…r pool in V&A museum garden
- Color Rings by Itay Ohaly
- Leeloo by Alfredo Häberli
- Game On by Tom Chung
- Jaime Hayón for Villa Moda in Dubai
- Zimoun uses motors to create moving ca…rdboard installations
- "Marble is back in favour" say designe…rs at Milan 2014
- "We were fascinated by what to do with… all these coins" - Aberrant Architecture
- Studio Makkink & Bey creates Blue Pott…ery using traditional Indian techniques
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories