Called Concrete Things, the chairs consist of concrete blocks with seats hollowed out, marked with a grid that was inspired by paving.
Six of the blocks are located outside Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.
More about Komplot on Dezeen: Nobody Chair
Here's some more information from Komplot:
By KOMPLOT DESIGN
”Concrete Things” – series of outdoor concrete furniture questioning the relation between the individual and the collective in public space. Simple geometric shapes with pavement inspired grid, which deformation keeps memory of somebody once seated in them.
Drawn in the air by thin lines of steel rods it becomes a weightless wireframe ghost-image of the heavy, very “material” concrete chair…
2009 PURCHASED BY NATIONAL ART FOUNDATION and placed besides the entrance to Rigshospitalet - Copenhagen University Hospital.
- Brandmerk by Esther de Groot
- Insert by Leo Yiu
- Polígono by Losgogo
- Movie: the making of Electric Light Shoe… by Freedom of Creation
- Young Creative Poland at the London Desi…gn Festival
- Blue Diversion Toilet aims to improve sa…nitation with built-in filtration system
- Rotary Mechanical Smartphone by Richard …Clarkson
- Marcel Wanders for Quodes
- Trilogy by Karen Ryan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories