Barcelona designer Juan Pablo Quintero of Mediodesign has created a bar stool for Xemei, a restaurant in Barcelona, Spain.
The frame consists of four L-shaped profiles, each facing a different direction.
The stool is made of varnished birch-plywood legs with a high density fibreboard seat in green or black.
More about Mediodesign: Elephant Lounge Chair
Here's some more information from Mediodesign:
Xemei Stool by Juan Pablo Quintero
This stool was designed for the new cocktail bar of the Venetian Restaurant Xemei based in Barcelona. From an initial idea of a comfortable seat, we proposed a hybrid object, in which the seat is as a sculpted piece that reveals the topography of the layers of wood that shaped it.
The structure of the stool, as a game of setbacks "gets" this piece. The back, wide and curved, wrap the seat and provides a formal balance of classical proportions.
The result is a blunt and expressive object, inviting to plunge into a long conversation at the bar, or simply to enjoy the informal atmosphere of this Venice proposed for the xemei (twins) brothers Colombo. The stools Xemei characterize the new spaces of the bar and certainly will not be unnoticed.
- Design Museum announce shortlist for Bri…t Insurance Designs of the Year
- Yusuke Seki showcases fragile hemp texti…les across banks of metal rods
- 57 Series by Omer Arbel for Bocci
- Don't Run shoe factory brings production… line to local high streets
- Nonsystem by Su Jung-Cheng
- Darum lamp by DAG-designlab
- W Hotels Designers of the Future at Desi…gn Miami/Basel 2011
- Well Done: a food company annual report …that has to be cooked first
- Interview: Joseph Grima at Dezeen Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories