Barcelona designer Juan Pablo Quintero of Mediodesign has created a bar stool for Xemei, a restaurant in Barcelona, Spain.
The frame consists of four L-shaped profiles, each facing a different direction.
The stool is made of varnished birch-plywood legs with a high density fibreboard seat in green or black.
More about Mediodesign: Elephant Lounge Chair
Here's some more information from Mediodesign:
Xemei Stool by Juan Pablo Quintero
This stool was designed for the new cocktail bar of the Venetian Restaurant Xemei based in Barcelona. From an initial idea of a comfortable seat, we proposed a hybrid object, in which the seat is as a sculpted piece that reveals the topography of the layers of wood that shaped it.
The structure of the stool, as a game of setbacks "gets" this piece. The back, wide and curved, wrap the seat and provides a formal balance of classical proportions.
The result is a blunt and expressive object, inviting to plunge into a long conversation at the bar, or simply to enjoy the informal atmosphere of this Venice proposed for the xemei (twins) brothers Colombo. The stools Xemei characterize the new spaces of the bar and certainly will not be unnoticed.
- World Business Class cabin by Hella Jong…erius for KLM
- Shelters resembling giant pompoms by RAW… Design warm skaters on a frozen river
- Peye and Olive by Numéro 111 for Ligne …Roset
- Dezeen Platform: Philippe Malouin
- Front designs misted-up Fog lamps for Ze…ro
- Benoît Malta's Passive Behaviours furni…ture collection encourages movement
- Steam Roaster by Compeixalaigua Design S…tudio
- G-Star Raw pavilion at Tokyo Designer’…s Week
- Cau Sospensione by Martí Guixé for Dan…ese
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories