The collection, called Spinning Light, is made of spun aluminium shades with injection-moulded PVC fittings.
The pieces aim to resemble spinning-top toys. The lacquered finish is available in black, white and purple.
Hubert is also showing another collection of lights for Unique Copenhagen, called Float, at 100% Design - see our previous story.
More about Benjamin Hubert on Dezeen:
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
Here's some text from Hubert:
Spinning Light, a collaboration with Scandinavian lighting manufacturers
Spinning Lights are inspired by the process of metal spinning and intend to emphasise this technique, utilising aesthetic references to toy spinning tops. The lamps consist of a lacquered spun aluminium shade, counterbalanced with an injection moulded PVC fitting to extend the transition between shade
Spinning Light Specification
Large Ø 400mm, Small Ø 240mm
Spun aluminium with gloss lacquered exterior finish in purple, black or white
- To Become One by Erwin Zwiers
- Halo by Benjamin Hubert for David Design
- Stair Rover by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA 2…012
- Punkt. DP 01 by Jasper Morrison
- If Only Gio Knew... by Martino Gamper
- Dora by Jeong Yong
- Dyson's first humidifier uses ultraviole…t light to kill bacteria
- Design Museum shows Fredrikson Stallard
- Travelator catwalk carries models around… House of Holland fashion show
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories