The piece, called Stuff, has a sycamore and plywood structure covered with a latex skin.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
More from Marina Ralph:
‘Stuff’ is a storage cabinet, which is responsive to the volume of belongings being stored inside.
As the user’s items fluctuate in quantity, the sides of the cabinet stretch and retract allowing the storage space to grow and shrink accordingly. The user can continue to ‘stuff in’ more and more items until this seemingly slim and inanimate object becomes obese.
Materials: Sycamore and plywood, latex sides.
- The Plain Collection by Maarten Baas
- Porsche Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- Made by Humans by Universal Everything
- Darum lamp by DAG-designlab
- Still Life with Light by Martí Guixé
- Cloud Lamps by Yu Jordy Fu
- Osso by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for Mat…tiazzi
- Orbea Grow by Álex Fernández Camps
- Readme by Peter Böckel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories