The piece, called Stuff, has a sycamore and plywood structure covered with a latex skin.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
More from Marina Ralph:
‘Stuff’ is a storage cabinet, which is responsive to the volume of belongings being stored inside.
As the user’s items fluctuate in quantity, the sides of the cabinet stretch and retract allowing the storage space to grow and shrink accordingly. The user can continue to ‘stuff in’ more and more items until this seemingly slim and inanimate object becomes obese.
Materials: Sycamore and plywood, latex sides.
- Funambule by Patrick de Glo de Besses
- Ruché by Inga Sempé for Ligne Roset
- The Heart of Architecture by Giles Mille…r Studio
- Hans J. Wegner's CH88 chair put into pro…duction by Carl Hansen & Son
- Ink Calendar by Oscar Diaz
- Another Chair by Karen Ryan
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes stan…d to nestle into awkward spaces
- "Can these parts go together and kill so…meone? The answer is yes."
- Fondue Slippers by Satsuki Ohata melt an…d mould to the shape of your foot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories