The piece, called Stuff, has a sycamore and plywood structure covered with a latex skin.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
More from Marina Ralph:
‘Stuff’ is a storage cabinet, which is responsive to the volume of belongings being stored inside.
As the user’s items fluctuate in quantity, the sides of the cabinet stretch and retract allowing the storage space to grow and shrink accordingly. The user can continue to ‘stuff in’ more and more items until this seemingly slim and inanimate object becomes obese.
Materials: Sycamore and plywood, latex sides.
- Fashion Font by Yvette Yang
- Stone Blind and Qanah by Sruli Recht
- Colo dishwasher by Peter Schwartz and He…lene Steiner
- Serpentine by Eléonore Nalet
- Martino Gamper for Nilufar
- Hatcham chair by Samuel Wilkinson for De…code
- Eley Kishimoto introduces its first hand…-printed wallpaper collection
- New City by Galit Barak
- "I wanted to capture the beauty of 1950s… engineering" – Michael Young
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories