The piece, called Stuff, has a sycamore and plywood structure covered with a latex skin.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
More from Marina Ralph:
‘Stuff’ is a storage cabinet, which is responsive to the volume of belongings being stored inside.
As the user’s items fluctuate in quantity, the sides of the cabinet stretch and retract allowing the storage space to grow and shrink accordingly. The user can continue to ‘stuff in’ more and more items until this seemingly slim and inanimate object becomes obese.
Materials: Sycamore and plywood, latex sides.
- Raf Simons' trainers for Adidas are ba…sed on vintage space suits
- New work by Bram Boo
- Buildings of Disaster in gold by Const…antin and Laurene Boym
- 18 Feet & Rising by Studio Octopi
- New collection by La Chance
- Wear a representation of your favourit…e narcotic around your neck
- Enzo Mari knife inspires twisting scul…pture at Goodwood 2015
- Cardboard Bicycle by Izhar Gafni
- Garden Tools by Itay Laniado
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories