The piece, called Stuff, has a sycamore and plywood structure covered with a latex skin.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
More from Marina Ralph:
‘Stuff’ is a storage cabinet, which is responsive to the volume of belongings being stored inside.
As the user’s items fluctuate in quantity, the sides of the cabinet stretch and retract allowing the storage space to grow and shrink accordingly. The user can continue to ‘stuff in’ more and more items until this seemingly slim and inanimate object becomes obese.
Materials: Sycamore and plywood, latex sides.
- Crucifix Surge Protector by Means of Pro…duction
- Peacock Chair by Dror
- Love Design by various designers
- Xkuty One electric bike by The Electric …Mobility Company
- Unit by Nosigner
- Leaf by Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muut…o
- Chair-4a by Michael Young
- Knauf and Brown encourages mindful engag…ement with everyday objects
- Normal timepieces by Ross McBride
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories