Architect Corvin Cristian has designed an office interior inside the former Romanian stock exchange building in Bucharest, Romania.
Designed for advertising company Headvertising, the office features furniture inspired by packing crates.
A central glass-walled conference room has the proportions of a shipping container.
Chesterfield seating and plywood lamps are intended to add a domestic feel.
Photos are by Vlad Caprarescu.
Here's some more information from Cristian:
I would like to submit this project we completed for the Headvertising agency in Bucharest.
In the Old Romanian Stock Exchange Building, the shipping case themed furniture acts as: storage, dividing walls, dynamic company statement and reverence on the genius loci.
Stock exchange>>moving goods
advertising agency>>moving brands, which is moving goods as well
>>moving shipping cases.
The meeting room has the proportions of a shipping container.
The revamping of the building itself is the work of another team led by arch. Mario Kuibus.
The chesterfields and the over sized lamps bring a homey feeling to the otherwise austere design.
- Shadowboxing exhibition by Slowscape Col…lective
- Cristiano Cora by Avi Oster
- Tiny Madrid apartment by MYCC with rooms… connected by a ladder
- Maison Champs Elysées by Maison Martin …Margiela
- Dezeen's top 10 Aesop store designs
- Studio 13 by Street & Garden Furniture C…o.
- Table Cloth by Ball-Nogues
- Tokyo's Tokyo by Ryo Matsui Architects
- What Happens When by The Metrics
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories