New York practice Stan Allen Architects have completed a building for the publishing industry in South Korea.
Part of a development called Paju Book City, the building has an L-shaped plan that allows for a courtyard at the entrance.
The design features a roof garden and sliding shades behind the glass facade.
Here's some more information from Stan Allen Architects:
Paju Book City, South Korea
Paju Book City is a 125 hectare “Urban Wetland” that is being developed for the publishing industry in South Korea. SAA/Stan Allen Architect is one among a select group of foreign architects invited to design individual buildings within this innovative master plan. Our project extends and elaborates the given “bookshelf typology” with an “el” shaped volume that creates an entry court and an upper level landscaped garden.
The simple volume is activated by the figure of the stairs moving up the elevation. Behind the first layer of glass sliding panel system controls sunlight, creates privacy and a variable pattern that is the counterpoint to the standardized curtain-wall system.
- Nomadic city that rolls along on cater…pillar tracks by Manuel Domínguez
- Beautour thatched museum and biodivers…ity research centre by Guinée*Potin Architectes
- Drift by Snarkitecture
- New World Centre by Frank Gehry
- Gibraltar Airport by Bblur Architectur…e and 3DReid
- Housing Estate Papillon sits in the sh…adow of a mountain range
- Movie: m.poli by Brut Deluxe and Image…nSubliminal
- Souan Tea House by Toshihiko Suzuki
- Helsinki Waterfront Hotel by Herzog & …de Meuron
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories