New York practice Stan Allen Architects have completed a building for the publishing industry in South Korea.
Part of a development called Paju Book City, the building has an L-shaped plan that allows for a courtyard at the entrance.
The design features a roof garden and sliding shades behind the glass facade.
Here's some more information from Stan Allen Architects:
Paju Book City, South Korea
Paju Book City is a 125 hectare “Urban Wetland” that is being developed for the publishing industry in South Korea. SAA/Stan Allen Architect is one among a select group of foreign architects invited to design individual buildings within this innovative master plan. Our project extends and elaborates the given “bookshelf typology” with an “el” shaped volume that creates an entry court and an upper level landscaped garden.
The simple volume is activated by the figure of the stairs moving up the elevation. Behind the first layer of glass sliding panel system controls sunlight, creates privacy and a variable pattern that is the counterpoint to the standardized curtain-wall system.
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- Genetic Stair by Caliper Studio
- Auditorium and Congress Center in Morro …Jable by Menis Arquitectos
- Dezeen archive: parasite architecture
- Towering copper memorial by Borheh honou…rs an Iranian philosopher
- Movie: Galaxy Soho by Zaha Hadid Archite…cts
- Swollen concrete facades increase floor …area inside Archium's Gilmosery office block
- Schaufelschlucht Bridge by Marte.Marte A…rchitects is second in trio of Alpine structures
- Pond Meadows Special Needs School by DSD…HA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories