Utrecht designers Rogier Martens and Sam van Veluw of Aandeboom have designed a flat-packed play house that can be attached to the trunk of a tree.
Called Zelfbouwboomhut (Build-it-Yourself Treehouse), the playhouse is made of wooden panels that can be slotted together and strapped to a tree using the ties provided.
Here's some text from Aandeboom:
A boys dream hanging on a tree
“As a little boy we already build three houses: Making an unique place to play outside in the branches of a tree. However we could not go any further than a diagonally strip floor made from some old pieces of scrap wood. The designers Rogier Martens (1978) en Sam van Veluw (1982) combined their experience and made a innovative design making this boys dream accessible to everyone.”
The build-it-yourself tree house is a design made of water-resistant panels, straps and lashings. The tree house can be made using the panels and fixed to the tree using the straps and lashings. The ready to use format is handy and accessible for everyone. At the same time you can give it your own character and design. A boys dream comes within reach.
Designers: Rogier Martens en Sam van Veluw
Material: Water resistance clued multiplex, straps and lashings
Dimensions (l x w x h): 1220 x 1000 x 1220 mm
Price: on request
- Little Triple Chair by Frederik Roijé
- The Beginning of Product Mutation by Wan…nayos Boonperm
- Capsule Collection by Ziglam and Brook f…or Deadgood
- Blur by Philippe Malouin
- Marie Cunliffe sculpts metal fabrics for… graduate fashion collection
- MT Club Chair by Very Good & Proper
- United Crystal Woods by Marcel Wanders f…or Baccarat
- Balloon by Uli Budde for Vertigo Bird
- 225 Forest Avenue by Michael Neumann Arc…hitecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories