Utrecht designers Rogier Martens and Sam van Veluw of Aandeboom have designed a flat-packed play house that can be attached to the trunk of a tree.
Called Zelfbouwboomhut (Build-it-Yourself Treehouse), the playhouse is made of wooden panels that can be slotted together and strapped to a tree using the ties provided.
Here's some text from Aandeboom:
A boys dream hanging on a tree
“As a little boy we already build three houses: Making an unique place to play outside in the branches of a tree. However we could not go any further than a diagonally strip floor made from some old pieces of scrap wood. The designers Rogier Martens (1978) en Sam van Veluw (1982) combined their experience and made a innovative design making this boys dream accessible to everyone.”
The build-it-yourself tree house is a design made of water-resistant panels, straps and lashings. The tree house can be made using the panels and fixed to the tree using the straps and lashings. The ready to use format is handy and accessible for everyone. At the same time you can give it your own character and design. A boys dream comes within reach.
Designers: Rogier Martens en Sam van Veluw
Material: Water resistance clued multiplex, straps and lashings
Dimensions (l x w x h): 1220 x 1000 x 1220 mm
Price: on request
- New Pinterest board: glass furniture
- Established & Sons in Milan
- Dan Yeffet stacks brass, marble and glas…s into Element vase
- Glass Elephant installation at Stockholm… Design Week
- Two-timer by Industrial Facility
- Ready Made Curtain by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Interactive slideshow: Heal's launches S…pring 2014 furniture collection
- Doppelgänger by Didier Faustino
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories