Dezeen have teamed up with publishers AVA Academia to offer our readers the chance to win one of five copies of Thinking: Objects - Contemporary Approaches to Product Design by designer and lecturer Tim Parsons.
The book, aimed at practicing designers, graduates and students, explores a range of design influences from motivation and approach to formal and material communication.
Designed by Studio Emmi, the book features over 200 colour images.
This competition is now closed.
Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter and at the bottom of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
Here's more from AVA Academia:
Thinking Objects: Contemporary Approaches to Product Design
Thinking Objects: Contemporary Approaches to Product Design is an innovative, wide-ranging guide to great product design. This book reveals how designers can learn to read the signals an object sends, interpret meaning, discover historical context and use those messages in their own new product designs.
Globalisation, technology, the media and the need for a sustainable future are all part of contemporary product design. This comprehensive guide helps students and designers everywhere to incorporate these influences and more.
Thinking Objects: Contemporary Approaches to Product Design provides an essential reference tool that will enable the reader to find their own style and succeed in the industry.
- Charts the influences behind a range of product designs.
- Teaches designers to interpret objects and learn from them.
- Third year and postgraduate students.
- Practising designers and anyone teaching product design.
Tim Parsons is a product designer, writer and lecturer. He has worked with manufacturers in Britain and Europe and has exhibited widely. He has contributed articles to publications including Blueprint and Phaidon’s Design Classics.
Visit his blog, Object Thinking.
978 2 940373 74 1
200 colour images
300mm x 220mm Paperback with flaps
Congratulations to the winners! Milos Gacanovic in Serbia, L.Rajeev in India, Brian Perlow in the USA, Fábio Nienov in Sweden and Giuseppe Salvia in Italy.
- Interview: Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Spa…ce
- Bendable Interior Objects by Form Us Wit…h Love
- The Mothership by Akoaki is a mobile DJ …booth for playing funk on the streets of Detroit
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: 20% off …Orbit by Ziiiro
- Big-Game to present adjustable metal coa…t rack for Hay in Milan
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- B-side by Hussein Chalayan at Spring Pro…jects
- Skrivo's Halo chair comprises two parts …that slot together
- Switch Floor Lamp by Tim Webber Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories