Hong Kong designer Leo Yiu has created a clock that protrudes at an angle from the wall it's mounted on.
Called Insert, the timepiece has a slice cut from one side of the face that creates a flat edge for hanging it.
Yiu created the design for clock manufacturer Nextime.
Yiu describes the project as "a simple idea to change the way we see the clock".
See all our stories about watches and clocks in our special category.
- Advances in design software mean "materi…als are becoming media"
- BN0042 by Braun at Dezeen Watch Store
- Design performances at Design Miami/Base…l
- Renzo Piano designs handbag to match new… Whitney Museum
- Mathieu Lehanneur wraps Hybrid radio for… Lexon in woven rattan
- "My ladders provide an imaginative route… across the road" - Gitta Gschwendtner
- Strand installation by Stuart Haygarth
- Zaha Hadid at IMM Cologne
- The Fluke by BarberOsgerby 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories