Called Avalon, the upholstered chair is meant for use in contract furnishing and also comes in a static version.
"Avalon was created as nod towards the man that first inspired me to become a designer, Vernor Panton," says Michael Young. "I felt that there had not been a great deal of evolution in the big soft upholstered tub chair sector recently, certainly non that swivel and as ever I like to design things that I could have in my own home. It's a serious contract piece suitable for airports and hotels alike. It is also the only one-piece injection chair produced in Sweden in the last 25 years and a serious commitment to the vision of longevity."
Michael Young is our featured designer this month - see all our stories about him in one place here.
The Stockholm Furniture Fair opens 9-13 February. See all our stories about Stockholm 2010 in our special category.
Here's a little more information from Swedese:
Welcome to Swedese at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, stand A20:30 and to the Swedese shop+showroom at Narvavägen 10, Östermalm!
Swedese exhibits its new Michael Young chair - Avalon. It is an easy chair or swivel chair with automatic return, here upholstered in fabric Flex from Swedish supplier Väveriet. Their piece is designed with a 360 degree swiveling base and comes in a wide range of colours.
Please visit our stand A20:30 at the Stockholm Furniture Fair which runs from 9th to 13th February 2010. The Swedese shop+showroom at Narvavägen 10, Östermalm also stays open during the fair period.
- Melissa + Campana
- Nika Zupanc bases furniture collection… for Sé on "an imaginary private sports club"
- Campana Brothers video interview 1
- Design Museum Collection App: electric…al products
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Mirna Kerr
- The Flavour Conductor by Bompas & Parr… enhances different flavours in whisky
- David Adjaye designs Double Zero chair…s for Moroso
- Everyday Objects by Big-Game
- Fiona Paxton at The Temporium
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories