Taiwanese designer Yen-Wen Tseng, a student at Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design in Stockholm, has created a set of rubber candlesticks designed to feel like bicycle handlebars.
Called Handlebar Candlesticks, each piece resembles a series of discs stacked to form the profile of a traditional candlestick.
Here is some more information from Yen-Wen Tseng:
The candlestick is inspired by traditional bicycle handlebars. The soft stripes provide an impressive feeling of touch when gripping it. I followed the simplicity of production and adjust the outline of the stripes to be that of a classic candlestick.
The flexible rubber material provides more tolerance to candles with a little difference. Moreover, the wax dropping on the candlestick is easier to remove.
- Norm 03 Steel by Britt Kornum
- Stephen Burks for Artecnica
- Wouldn’t it be Nice… at Somerset Hou…se
- The r5.5 Platinum Chronograph by Jasper …Morrison for Rado
- Block Watch by Tom Dixon now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- Ross Lovegrove for KEF
- New Danish Modern by Normann Copenhagen
- Istanbul Twilight by Siba Sahabi
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save £5…0 on VOID V02 watches
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories