Taiwanese designer Yen-Wen Tseng, a student at Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design in Stockholm, has created a set of rubber candlesticks designed to feel like bicycle handlebars.
Called Handlebar Candlesticks, each piece resembles a series of discs stacked to form the profile of a traditional candlestick.
Here is some more information from Yen-Wen Tseng:
The candlestick is inspired by traditional bicycle handlebars. The soft stripes provide an impressive feeling of touch when gripping it. I followed the simplicity of production and adjust the outline of the stripes to be that of a classic candlestick.
The flexible rubber material provides more tolerance to candles with a little difference. Moreover, the wax dropping on the candlestick is easier to remove.
- "I'm interested in what the future mig…ht look like" - Asif Khan at Dezeen Live
- When I get Green by Gonçalo Mabunda a…t Jack Bell Gallery
- Momentary by Catarina Hällzon
- Live from the Design Museum
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack …boots by Adidas
- Brick by KiBiSi
- Yulia Yadryshnikova bases capsule fash…ion collection on Luca Nichetto's sofa cover
- Branch Out by Studiomama for TEN
- Industrial metal processing techniques… used to create steel homeware collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories