Taiwanese designer Yen-Wen Tseng, a student at Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design in Stockholm, has created a set of rubber candlesticks designed to feel like bicycle handlebars.
Called Handlebar Candlesticks, each piece resembles a series of discs stacked to form the profile of a traditional candlestick.
Here is some more information from Yen-Wen Tseng:
The candlestick is inspired by traditional bicycle handlebars. The soft stripes provide an impressive feeling of touch when gripping it. I followed the simplicity of production and adjust the outline of the stripes to be that of a classic candlestick.
The flexible rubber material provides more tolerance to candles with a little difference. Moreover, the wax dropping on the candlestick is easier to remove.
- Bjarke Ingels draws city outlines around… porcelain tableware
- Sungsin Eo designs foam display system f…or child-friendly exhibitions
- Joseph Grima explores changing ideas of …domesticity for Biennale Interieur exhibition
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella Mc…Cartney
- Drone grown from fungus-like material me…lts if it crash lands
- Wind Portal by Najla El Zein at the V&A
- Collection One by hundredstensunits
- Campana Brothers at the V&A
- Scaffold Lights by Lanzavecchia + Wai
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories