Taiwanese designer Yen-Wen Tseng, a student at Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design in Stockholm, has created a set of rubber candlesticks designed to feel like bicycle handlebars.
Called Handlebar Candlesticks, each piece resembles a series of discs stacked to form the profile of a traditional candlestick.
Here is some more information from Yen-Wen Tseng:
The candlestick is inspired by traditional bicycle handlebars. The soft stripes provide an impressive feeling of touch when gripping it. I followed the simplicity of production and adjust the outline of the stripes to be that of a classic candlestick.
The flexible rubber material provides more tolerance to candles with a little difference. Moreover, the wax dropping on the candlestick is easier to remove.
- "India needs to cash in on its handicraf…ts" says Made in… India exhibition co-curator
- "Design and architecture has been a key …influence" says COS managing director
- Second Nature by Tokujin Yoshioka
- 1.3 Chair by Ki Hyun Kim
- Ruché by Inga Sempé for Ligne Roset
- Nokia E-Cu by Patrick Hyland
- Mary Katrantzou contrasts Modernist shap…es with "horror vacui" details for Autumn Winter 2015
- Thorn by Iris van Herpen and United Nude
- Zaha Hadid's gold bracelet is embedded w…ith 1,048 diamonds
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories