Taiwanese designer Yen-Wen Tseng, a student at Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design in Stockholm, has created a set of rubber candlesticks designed to feel like bicycle handlebars.
Called Handlebar Candlesticks, each piece resembles a series of discs stacked to form the profile of a traditional candlestick.
Here is some more information from Yen-Wen Tseng:
The candlestick is inspired by traditional bicycle handlebars. The soft stripes provide an impressive feeling of touch when gripping it. I followed the simplicity of production and adjust the outline of the stripes to be that of a classic candlestick.
The flexible rubber material provides more tolerance to candles with a little difference. Moreover, the wax dropping on the candlestick is easier to remove.
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- "Most of our parents wanted us to be law…yers or doctors. Not anymore."
- Jar RGB by Arik Levy for Lasvit
- Sezz Collection by Christophe Pillet for… Emeco
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- Tableware as Sensorial Stimuli by Jinhyu…n Jeon
- Urban-C by Jennifer Newman
- Taça by ENTLO.1A
- "Young designers have no grasp of design… history"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories