Taiwanese designer Yen-Wen Tseng, a student at Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design in Stockholm, has created a set of rubber candlesticks designed to feel like bicycle handlebars.
Called Handlebar Candlesticks, each piece resembles a series of discs stacked to form the profile of a traditional candlestick.
Here is some more information from Yen-Wen Tseng:
The candlestick is inspired by traditional bicycle handlebars. The soft stripes provide an impressive feeling of touch when gripping it. I followed the simplicity of production and adjust the outline of the stripes to be that of a classic candlestick.
The flexible rubber material provides more tolerance to candles with a little difference. Moreover, the wax dropping on the candlestick is easier to remove.
- Special feature: weird food
- Alessandro Ciffo at Dilmos
- "Could we be human without objects?" - S…am Jacob at Dezeen Live
- Friday by Reinhard Dienes
- Crowd Candlesticks by David Taylor
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Family of candle holders created by Simo…n Legald for Normann Copenhagen
- Jar Tops by Jorre van Ast
- Moroso "gave me a chance," says designer… Ross Lovegrove
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories