Ron Arad: Restless opens at the Barbican in London tomorrow and in the first of four films we made to coincide with the exhibition, the Israeli-born designer shows us around his studio in Chalk Farm, London. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
In the movie, Arad introduces us to some of the projects his team are working on, shows us his fleet of cars and loses a game of table tennis.
Dezeen is online media partner for Ron Arad: Restless, which runs until 16 May. Click here for info and tickets.
- Zieharsofika upholstery by Meike Harde
- Rusty Sheet Steel Chair by Max Lamb
- Carl Hansen & Søn delves into its archi…ves for Colonial furniture collection
- "Everybody could have their body scanned… and order clothes that fit perfectly"
- Moody Couch by Hanna Emelie Ernsting
- Bodging Milano at Designersblock
- ACADIA exhibits multi-material 3D-printe…d designs by Zaha Hadid, Francis Bitonti and more
- Dan Yeffet stacks brass, marble and glas…s into Element vase
- All the Forces at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories