Ron Arad: Restless opens at the Barbican in London tomorrow and in the first of four films we made to coincide with the exhibition, the Israeli-born designer shows us around his studio in Chalk Farm, London. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
In the movie, Arad introduces us to some of the projects his team are working on, shows us his fleet of cars and loses a game of table tennis.
Dezeen is online media partner for Ron Arad: Restless, which runs until 16 May. Click here for info and tickets.
- Companions by Studioilse for De La Espad…a
- Modern Primitives by Aranda\Lasch
- NewspaperWood by Mieke Meijer and Vij5
- Dezeen presents: Menagerie at The Jones
- No Bad Colours by Ron Arad
- Delight lamps by Ido Mohar
- Architects' sketches of chairs influence… Richard Hutten's seat for Offecct
- Le Buisson by Matali Crasset
- Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970…-1990 at the V&A
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories