Ron Arad: Restless opens at the Barbican in London tomorrow and in the first of four films we made to coincide with the exhibition, the Israeli-born designer shows us around his studio in Chalk Farm, London. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
In the movie, Arad introduces us to some of the projects his team are working on, shows us his fleet of cars and loses a game of table tennis.
Dezeen is online media partner for Ron Arad: Restless, which runs until 16 May. Click here for info and tickets.
- Drawing Lamp by Thomas Feichtner
- LAT Chair by Jeroen van Laarhoven
- Drink Link by Joon Lee
- (No)where (Now)here: Two Gaze-activated …Dresses by Ying Gao
- Dezeen Watch Store: Deckster by N-Produc…t
- Cabinet Bestiarium at Vertigo Bird
- TAAT's interactive theatre set is design…ed to "tickle a higher sense of spatial awareness"
- Drawers slide along the surface of Marco… Guazzini's Flamingo desk
- C-X75 by Jaguar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories