Ron Arad: Restless opens at the Barbican in London tomorrow and in the first of four films we made to coincide with the exhibition, the Israeli-born designer shows us around his studio in Chalk Farm, London. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
In the movie, Arad introduces us to some of the projects his team are working on, shows us his fleet of cars and loses a game of table tennis.
Dezeen is online media partner for Ron Arad: Restless, which runs until 16 May. Click here for info and tickets.
- Saint-Etienne by Sophie Françon and Fra…nçois Mangeol
- The Average Font combines hundreds of ch…aracters into a single typeface
- Senz windproof umbrellas receive graphic…s by Yoske Nishiumi
- Wrapping a Thonet Chair by Matthias Plie…ssnig
- Office KGDVS explores strength of materi…als with prototype furniture
- New Pinterest board: Nendo
- Pollee by UiWE
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdoor… furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- La Cornue W by Jean-Michel Wilmotte
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories