Ron Arad: Restless opens at the Barbican in London tomorrow and in the first of four films we made to coincide with the exhibition, the Israeli-born designer shows us around his studio in Chalk Farm, London. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
In the movie, Arad introduces us to some of the projects his team are working on, shows us his fleet of cars and loses a game of table tennis.
Dezeen is online media partner for Ron Arad: Restless, which runs until 16 May. Click here for info and tickets.
- Christopher Raeburn transforms a life …raft into brightly coloured coats
- Nendo follows up Milan exhibition with… stacking chair for Kokuyo
- Confluences by Philippe Nigro
- Thorn by Iris van Herpen and United Nu…de
- Akihiro Mizuuchi makes Lego bricks fro…m chocolate
- Market by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for… Petite Friture
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Ma…rk Braun
- Designed in Hackney: Tom Tom & Tam Tam… by Konstantin Grcic for SCP
- The Ocean Cleanup aims to strip 70 mil…lion kilos of plastic from the sea in 10 years
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories