San Francisco designers Mike and Maaike have created a shelf with slots specifically cut to house seven seminal books about power and society.
Called Juxtaposed: Power, the piece is the second in a series of bookshelves for Californian gallery Blankblank, the first of which held works on religion.
Photographs are by Dwight Eschliman.
More about Mike and Maaike on Dezeen:
The text below is from Blankblank:
2,451 pages 2,390 years 2,251 wars 432 revolutions 90 empires 7 books 1 shelf
What should we value most--freedom or security, merit or equality? And who should decide--the few or the many, individuals or groups, humanity or God? For the first time, the world's most seminal texts on power and its relationship to the ordering of society are brought together and presented on the same level.
JUXTAPOSED: Power is the second in the Juxtaposed series of curated bookshelves.
Designed by Mike and Maaike
Curated by Athmeya Jayaram.
Produced by blankblank
36”w x 5”h x 8”d.
Offered in a numbered, limited edition of 50
- Clarissa Hood armchair and chair by Patr…icia Urquiola for Moroso
- Menswear capsule collection by Bureau V
- Sling chair by Note Design Studio is siz…ed for compact spaces
- Bokja for Al Sabah Art & Design Collecti…on
- VOID V03 available in two new colours at… Dezeen Watch Store
- Bottle Humidifier by Cloud and Co
- Kacper Hamilton's brass device depicts t…ime as solid matter
- PP Møbler launches Hans J Wegner chairs… to celebrate 100-year anniversary
- Dezeen's Imagine Shop at Selfridges feat…ures augmented-reality watch store and Zaha yacht
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories