Called Harry, the collection includes a sofa and armchair with deep seats and high rounded backrests.
The designs are available with either straight metal legs or a bent tubular metal base.
Here's some more information from Ligne Roset:
'Harry' by Eric Jourdan for Ligne Roset
This design creation is a surprise coming as it does from Eric Jourdan and from Ligne Roset : 'Harry' is the most hybrid and bold piece of the new Roset collection. It is contemporary and classic, as switched-on as it is old-hat and yet beautiful - so much so that you don't know what to think about its origins. Starting from an archetype of à la française style furniture reassessed by Jourdan's eye, the French maker has produced a range that is authentically undatable, somewhere between 1940 and 2010, as offbeat as vodka & tonic served in Limoges porcelain.
Coinciding with the Première Vision fair, where all his work in architecture and furniture designed with Francesca Avossa is on show, Eric Jourdan is cleverly redeploying the markers of his own semantics all the better to surprise us. This feminine piece has a near 'boudoir' tonality - light years away from the products he made his name with among the cognoscenti and the general public.
'Harry' comes in both armchair and twin-seat sofa versions, with two styles of footwear too: stiletto heels that almost set the piece floating, or a square-tube sled-base, in the same spirit as the popular 'Hyannis Sport', also designed by Eric Jourdan.
- MDBC Totem by Boym Partners for Ghostly …International
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco
- Dezeen's style editor selects his top fi…ve installations and products from Milan 2014
- The interface between technology and des…ign holds "answers to the future"
- Pebble-shaped Calming Stone is designed …to help prevent panic attacks
- Benjamin Hubert experiments with glass b…lowing to create Beacon lamps
- Maarten Baas and Bertjan Pot team up for… funfair-influenced lighting collection
- Nendo creates chocolatey waves for Maiso…n&Objet installation
- My Way talks: unfold
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories