Called 4010-Overdress, the project includes wood and metal versions. "The customer chooses one design and then, for example, customizes it with a personal engraving," say the designers.
The project is on show at Berlin gallery 4010 until 10 March.
The text below is from the designers:
Design-duo Johannes Laue and Johannes Schroth of Berlin have collaborated with "4010 – der Telekomshop in Mitte" to create stylish covers for Deutsche Telekom’s WLAN-router and TV-receiver.
Since February 3rd, the designs are being exhibited at 4010, Berlin Mitte.
The motiviation for the project was to give the customer the opportunity to adapt the hardware to his personal taste, just as he does with his TV program via T-Home-Entertain.
To achieve this goal, the designers created prototypes of boxes which simply encase the products and thereby give them an individual look. In regards to the production process, the designers put their main focus on regional fabrication and an affordable price.
- New Jawbone by Yves Béhar
- Bookspile by Andrius Pocius
- The School of Life by Susanna Edwards
- Haze Series in white, grey and navy by W…onmin Park
- Moo by Northern Lighting
- Designed in Hackney: A-Lu-Ha by Lu Flux
- Cylinda and Dot by Paul Smith for Stelto…n
- Tjirp by Cas Moor
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Craig G…reen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories