The project involved adding 5,000 square feet to the existing gallery, originally completed by Meier in 1995.
The architects have now added a new exhibition space with a curved wooden ceiling and translucent skylights either side.
A new roof deck has also been incorporated.
The information below is from the gallery:
Gagosian Gallery – Beverly Hills Completes Expansion by Architect Richard Meier
New 3,000 Square Foot, Ground-Floor Gallery Space to be Unveiled on March 4th
Gagosian Gallery has completed the expansion of their Beverly Hills gallery, designed by Richard Meier & Partners.
Meier & Partners’ expansion has nearly doubled the size of the gallery, adding 5,000 square feet to the existing 6,600 square foot building. The addition is anchored by a new 3,000 square foot, street-level exhibition space, which includes a stunning, natural wood brown ceiling and translucent skylights. The new building, adjacent to the existing gallery, also features a new 1,200 square foot roof deck.
- Fiat Lux by Label Architecture
- Mobile egg-shaped beach huts installed a…long a South Korean shoreline
- Movie: m.poli by Brut Deluxe and ImagenS…ubliminal
- Red Room by Jana Kleine-Kalmer
- Mantois Technology Centre by Badia Berge…r Architectes features moveable timber shutters
- Red Diamond by Chiasmus Partners
- Heydar Aliyev Center by Zaha Hadid Archi…tects
- Mullet House by March Studio
- Tower Studio by Saunders Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories