The project involved adding 5,000 square feet to the existing gallery, originally completed by Meier in 1995.
The architects have now added a new exhibition space with a curved wooden ceiling and translucent skylights either side.
A new roof deck has also been incorporated.
The information below is from the gallery:
Gagosian Gallery – Beverly Hills Completes Expansion by Architect Richard Meier
New 3,000 Square Foot, Ground-Floor Gallery Space to be Unveiled on March 4th
Gagosian Gallery has completed the expansion of their Beverly Hills gallery, designed by Richard Meier & Partners.
Meier & Partners’ expansion has nearly doubled the size of the gallery, adding 5,000 square feet to the existing 6,600 square foot building. The addition is anchored by a new 3,000 square foot, street-level exhibition space, which includes a stunning, natural wood brown ceiling and translucent skylights. The new building, adjacent to the existing gallery, also features a new 1,200 square foot roof deck.
- Richard Rogers + Architects at Pompidou …Centre
- Schlump One Hamburg by J. Mayer H.
- Lenbachhaus museum by Foster + Partners
- Masdar City Centre by LAVA
- Liiva House by Muru & Pere
- Erick van Egeraat in Tatarstan
- Christopher Forsyth embarks on a project… to document all of Montreal's metro stations
- Atelier d'Architecture 3BM3 completes co…ncrete tax haven for artworks in Luxembourg
- UNStudio completes a digitally controlle…d home with a flower-shaped plan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories