The project involved adding 5,000 square feet to the existing gallery, originally completed by Meier in 1995.
The architects have now added a new exhibition space with a curved wooden ceiling and translucent skylights either side.
A new roof deck has also been incorporated.
The information below is from the gallery:
Gagosian Gallery – Beverly Hills Completes Expansion by Architect Richard Meier
New 3,000 Square Foot, Ground-Floor Gallery Space to be Unveiled on March 4th
Gagosian Gallery has completed the expansion of their Beverly Hills gallery, designed by Richard Meier & Partners.
Meier & Partners’ expansion has nearly doubled the size of the gallery, adding 5,000 square feet to the existing 6,600 square foot building. The addition is anchored by a new 3,000 square foot, street-level exhibition space, which includes a stunning, natural wood brown ceiling and translucent skylights. The new building, adjacent to the existing gallery, also features a new 1,200 square foot roof deck.
- Interview: Renzo Piano on The Shard
- Call for entries to the A' Design Awar…d and Competition 2015
- French Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 …by Jacques Ferrier Architectures
- Ogimachi Global Dispensing Pharmacy by… TKY Japan
- Kiss by Z-A Studio
- Risk Theme Park is a conceptual high-r…ise featuring floods, fires and climbing hazards
- Chiswick House Gardens cafe by Caruso …St John Architects
- Round and rectangular buildings form a…dult education centre by 1004arquitectos
- Giant's Causeway Visitors' Centre by H…eneghan Peng Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories