The project involved adding 5,000 square feet to the existing gallery, originally completed by Meier in 1995.
The architects have now added a new exhibition space with a curved wooden ceiling and translucent skylights either side.
A new roof deck has also been incorporated.
The information below is from the gallery:
Gagosian Gallery – Beverly Hills Completes Expansion by Architect Richard Meier
New 3,000 Square Foot, Ground-Floor Gallery Space to be Unveiled on March 4th
Gagosian Gallery has completed the expansion of their Beverly Hills gallery, designed by Richard Meier & Partners.
Meier & Partners’ expansion has nearly doubled the size of the gallery, adding 5,000 square feet to the existing 6,600 square foot building. The addition is anchored by a new 3,000 square foot, street-level exhibition space, which includes a stunning, natural wood brown ceiling and translucent skylights. The new building, adjacent to the existing gallery, also features a new 1,200 square foot roof deck.
- Iris and FMG by Francesco Librizzi and V…ittorio Venezia
- Logroño Montecorvo Eco City by MVRDV an…d GRAS
- BMCE headquarters by Foster + Partners
- OFIS Arhitekti creates grid of crosses o…n the facade of Villa Criss-Cross Envelope
- "The concept was based on a football dia…gram" - Steven Holl on Campbell Sports Centre
- LCR Architectes clads French middle scho…ol with tarnished copper panels
- Stairs spiral around interior of Adept's… Dalarna Media Library in Sweden
- Manchester Civil Justice Centre by DCM
- Shophouse Transformation by all(zone)
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories