The project involved adding 5,000 square feet to the existing gallery, originally completed by Meier in 1995.
The architects have now added a new exhibition space with a curved wooden ceiling and translucent skylights either side.
A new roof deck has also been incorporated.
The information below is from the gallery:
Gagosian Gallery – Beverly Hills Completes Expansion by Architect Richard Meier
New 3,000 Square Foot, Ground-Floor Gallery Space to be Unveiled on March 4th
Gagosian Gallery has completed the expansion of their Beverly Hills gallery, designed by Richard Meier & Partners.
Meier & Partners’ expansion has nearly doubled the size of the gallery, adding 5,000 square feet to the existing 6,600 square foot building. The addition is anchored by a new 3,000 square foot, street-level exhibition space, which includes a stunning, natural wood brown ceiling and translucent skylights. The new building, adjacent to the existing gallery, also features a new 1,200 square foot roof deck.
- Notary office by Corona y P. Amaral
- Microsoft Technology Pavilion takes its …cues from the Windows 8 interface
- Pearl Bay Residence provides ocean views… from South African coast
- Healthcare Centre for Cancer Patients by… NORD Architects
- Clapham Library by Studio Egret West
- House 20 by Jolson
- Plein Soleil by RH+ Architecture
- Back Side Flip 360° by O-S Architectes
- Casa Flotanta by Benjamin Garcia Saxe Ar…chitecture is raised above a forest
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories