Originally launched in 2009 and called Askur, contains plates, two sets of cutlery and food containers designed to hold traditional Nordic food such as fish, bread and eggs.
A white lacquer coating protects the wood.
Here's some information from the designers:
Picnic basket: ASKUR
Inspired by old Nordic history, Midsummer festivals and love of family. This piece named Askur was first show-pieced during the Design March in Iceland in 2009.
The piece reinvents old values and new experiences.
This picnic basket is handcrafted in Iceland out of Icelandic Birch and then spray coated as a protection for the wood.
The pieces in the picnic set are designed mainly to serve for Nordic food such as herring, rye bread, potatoes and eggs.
- Furniture by Imaginary Office
- Häagen-Dazs Cloud ice cream by Front
- "We have created a new type of water" - …Philippe Starck
- The Gospel by Studio Job 2
- Bethan Laura Wood creates installation o…f oversized canapés for lettuce-shaped plates
- Multi-sensorial Gastronomy by Philips De…sign
- Design against the clock at Established …& Sons
- 3x3 by 3Patas for Francesc Ros Fusteria …Decoració
- Tube Map Radio by Yuri Suzuki
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories