Originally launched in 2009 and called Askur, contains plates, two sets of cutlery and food containers designed to hold traditional Nordic food such as fish, bread and eggs.
A white lacquer coating protects the wood.
Here's some information from the designers:
Picnic basket: ASKUR
Inspired by old Nordic history, Midsummer festivals and love of family. This piece named Askur was first show-pieced during the Design March in Iceland in 2009.
The piece reinvents old values and new experiences.
This picnic basket is handcrafted in Iceland out of Icelandic Birch and then spray coated as a protection for the wood.
The pieces in the picnic set are designed mainly to serve for Nordic food such as herring, rye bread, potatoes and eggs.
- Designed in Hackney: Tom Tom & Tam Tam b…y Konstantin Grcic for SCP
- Lullaby Factory by Studio Weave
- Eindhoven designer Piet Hein Eek: "I alw…ays want to make my own stuff"
- Crane by Benjamin Hubert
- Container Sideboard by Alain Gilles for …Casamania
- Kelp Objects by Julia Lohmann
- Felice Varini paints perspective-dependa…nt artwork across Belgian city
- More on the bee vase
- Folded Leaf by Claesson Koivisto Rune
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories