Originally launched in 2009 and called Askur, contains plates, two sets of cutlery and food containers designed to hold traditional Nordic food such as fish, bread and eggs.
A white lacquer coating protects the wood.
Here's some information from the designers:
Picnic basket: ASKUR
Inspired by old Nordic history, Midsummer festivals and love of family. This piece named Askur was first show-pieced during the Design March in Iceland in 2009.
The piece reinvents old values and new experiences.
This picnic basket is handcrafted in Iceland out of Icelandic Birch and then spray coated as a protection for the wood.
The pieces in the picnic set are designed mainly to serve for Nordic food such as herring, rye bread, potatoes and eggs.
- Inga Sempé's Beau Fixe seating is clamp…ed into shape
- Z Step by Michael Schoner at Depot Basel
- From Here For Here by Ariane Prin
- Claudio Silvestrin for MinottiCucine
- Stripes and Peignes by Philippe Nigro fo…r Ligne Roset
- Glueline by Oscar Diaz
- Donky Bike by Ben Wilson
- Ostrea sofa by Annika Göransson
- Designed in Hackney: TN29 by Le Gun and …Tracey Neuls
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories