Originally launched in 2009 and called Askur, contains plates, two sets of cutlery and food containers designed to hold traditional Nordic food such as fish, bread and eggs.
A white lacquer coating protects the wood.
Here's some information from the designers:
Picnic basket: ASKUR
Inspired by old Nordic history, Midsummer festivals and love of family. This piece named Askur was first show-pieced during the Design March in Iceland in 2009.
The piece reinvents old values and new experiences.
This picnic basket is handcrafted in Iceland out of Icelandic Birch and then spray coated as a protection for the wood.
The pieces in the picnic set are designed mainly to serve for Nordic food such as herring, rye bread, potatoes and eggs.
- The Olympian Architects T-shirt by Pet…er Murray at Dezeen Super Store
- Hai by Luca Nichetto for One Nordic
- Dieter Rams at Moss in Los Angeles
- Tubular installation forms backdrop fo…r Issey Miyake menswear campaign
- Janet Echelman creates aerial rope scu…lpture made of super-strength fibres
- Funktionide by Stefan Ulrich
- Benjamin Hubert patterns ceramic conta…iners with raised seams
- Interview: Margriet Vollenberg and Mar…go Koning
- Reel Cabinet and Tie Desk by Carlsten …Thostrup
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories