Originally launched in 2009 and called Askur, contains plates, two sets of cutlery and food containers designed to hold traditional Nordic food such as fish, bread and eggs.
A white lacquer coating protects the wood.
Here's some information from the designers:
Picnic basket: ASKUR
Inspired by old Nordic history, Midsummer festivals and love of family. This piece named Askur was first show-pieced during the Design March in Iceland in 2009.
The piece reinvents old values and new experiences.
This picnic basket is handcrafted in Iceland out of Icelandic Birch and then spray coated as a protection for the wood.
The pieces in the picnic set are designed mainly to serve for Nordic food such as herring, rye bread, potatoes and eggs.
- Touch! Touch! Nothing will Happen by L…uzinterruptus
- Torsten Neeland creates wooden framework… for new Yohji Yamamoto collection
- Headphones by Renaud Defrancesco transmi…t music through clear plastic band
- Nature V2.01 by Draw Me a Sheep
- Cuma and Cross by Takehiro Ando
- Power of Making at the V&A
- "Young designers have given up waiting t…o be spotted by a big producer" - Tom Dixon
- Designed in Hackney: Little Printerby BE…RG
- Husmus by Muungano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories