Stockholm designers Tb & Ajakay have collaborated with Karl-Johan Hjerling and Karin Widmark to create a table, where layers of the plywood top appear to burst apart and curl around one end.
The designers have also created a writing desk where the same birch frame holds together layers of leather, brass and birch.
Photos are by Alexander Pihl.
Here's a little text from the designers:
With Spring Collection our aim is to restrain and remold with different techniques. Using common materials such as wood, metal, paper, rock, cork, leather and fabric, we creat our own interpretation and a new expression. The final shape of the objects are where the materials limitations and our design are brought together.
Spring Desk is a composition of three different materials forced together in a number of layers, in a new kind of sandwich material. Spring Table is made out of thin layers of molded birch plywood. They create a solid tabletop that break free in one end and form separate bends.
- Aalto University students design chairs …from bright blue plywood
- Zipte Link by Michael Young
- Y Parametric table by Krystian Kwiecińs…ki
- SkipWaste by Oliver Bishop-Young 2
- EKWC offers residencies
- Balloon Bench by h220430
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilton
- Sensual Wave installation illuminates an… empty dock at La Grande-Motte harbour
- Mind Chair by Beta Tank
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories