Stockholm designers Tb & Ajakay have collaborated with Karl-Johan Hjerling and Karin Widmark to create a table, where layers of the plywood top appear to burst apart and curl around one end.
The designers have also created a writing desk where the same birch frame holds together layers of leather, brass and birch.
Photos are by Alexander Pihl.
Here's a little text from the designers:
With Spring Collection our aim is to restrain and remold with different techniques. Using common materials such as wood, metal, paper, rock, cork, leather and fabric, we creat our own interpretation and a new expression. The final shape of the objects are where the materials limitations and our design are brought together.
Spring Desk is a composition of three different materials forced together in a number of layers, in a new kind of sandwich material. Spring Table is made out of thin layers of molded birch plywood. They create a solid tabletop that break free in one end and form separate bends.
- LED hats by Moritz Waldemeyer for Philip… Treacy
- The Foetus Project by Jorge Lopes Dos Sa…ntos
- Designed in Hackney: Non-lethal mousetra…psby Roger Arquer
- Photos of cabbage and plastic bags used …to create fantastical alien landscapes in TSVI music video
- Luminosity by Tom Dixon at MOST
- Another Ceramic Candlestick by Marie Des…suant for Another Country
- Cinderella's Chair by Anna Ter Haar
- Doug Wheeler creates illusion of infinit…e white space inside Venetian palazzo
- Ring Fibre Chair by Julien Renault
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories