Stockholm designers Tb & Ajakay have collaborated with Karl-Johan Hjerling and Karin Widmark to create a table, where layers of the plywood top appear to burst apart and curl around one end.
The designers have also created a writing desk where the same birch frame holds together layers of leather, brass and birch.
Photos are by Alexander Pihl.
Here's a little text from the designers:
With Spring Collection our aim is to restrain and remold with different techniques. Using common materials such as wood, metal, paper, rock, cork, leather and fabric, we creat our own interpretation and a new expression. The final shape of the objects are where the materials limitations and our design are brought together.
Spring Desk is a composition of three different materials forced together in a number of layers, in a new kind of sandwich material. Spring Table is made out of thin layers of molded birch plywood. They create a solid tabletop that break free in one end and form separate bends.
- Lagrange34 chocolate by Jjuice
- Peg by Studio Gorm
- Clarissa Hood armchair and chair by Patr…icia Urquiola for Moroso
- Area Bed by Alain Gilles for Magnitude
- Thermostat controlled with a smartphone …by Philippe Starck for Netatmo
- B&B Italia in Milan
- Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
- Wallpaper* EcoEdit
- Corkers by Monkey Business and Reddish
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories