Stockholm designers Tb & Ajakay have collaborated with Karl-Johan Hjerling and Karin Widmark to create a table, where layers of the plywood top appear to burst apart and curl around one end.
The designers have also created a writing desk where the same birch frame holds together layers of leather, brass and birch.
Photos are by Alexander Pihl.
Here's a little text from the designers:
With Spring Collection our aim is to restrain and remold with different techniques. Using common materials such as wood, metal, paper, rock, cork, leather and fabric, we creat our own interpretation and a new expression. The final shape of the objects are where the materials limitations and our design are brought together.
Spring Desk is a composition of three different materials forced together in a number of layers, in a new kind of sandwich material. Spring Table is made out of thin layers of molded birch plywood. They create a solid tabletop that break free in one end and form separate bends.
- Whole World Water by Fuseproject
- Lucy McRae experiments with negative p…ressure to "prep humans to go to space"
- Leather Lampshades by Pepe Heykoop
- Tom Dixon designs Brew coffee set of r…eflective copper products
- Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of C…reation
- Sabar sex toy by Michael Young
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Fraser Ross
- Shreddies adds pyjamas and jeans to li…ne of fart-neutralising apparel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories