Stockholm designers Tb & Ajakay have collaborated with Karl-Johan Hjerling and Karin Widmark to create a table, where layers of the plywood top appear to burst apart and curl around one end.
The designers have also created a writing desk where the same birch frame holds together layers of leather, brass and birch.
Photos are by Alexander Pihl.
Here's a little text from the designers:
With Spring Collection our aim is to restrain and remold with different techniques. Using common materials such as wood, metal, paper, rock, cork, leather and fabric, we creat our own interpretation and a new expression. The final shape of the objects are where the materials limitations and our design are brought together.
Spring Desk is a composition of three different materials forced together in a number of layers, in a new kind of sandwich material. Spring Table is made out of thin layers of molded birch plywood. They create a solid tabletop that break free in one end and form separate bends.
- "The pieces wouldn't be anything without… the people who interact with them" – Jason Bruges
- Les Cordes chandelier by Mathieu Lehanne…ur for Château Borély
- Biomimicry chair by Lilian van Daal repl…aces traditional upholstery with 3D-printed structure
- Interactive slideshow: Heal's launches S…pring 2014 furniture collection
- Gaudi Stool by Studio Geenen
- Press Lamp by Nendo for Lasvit
- Tafelstukken by Daphna Isaacs and Lauren…s Manders
- Blankets by Snøhetta for Røros Tweed
- Axis tray by Snack On
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories