Milan 2010: Japanese designers Nendo will present a seemingly-empty perfume bottle in Milan next week.
Called Clear Perfume Bottle, the design has an atomiser hidden in its cap while bubbles are trapped in the glass container.
It will be on display as part of an exhibition of Nendo's work called the Chair Garden at Galleria Antonia Jannone.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Photos are by Masayuki Hayashi.
Here are some more details from Nendo:
“clear perfume bottle” will be shown at the nendo’s private exhibition “chair garden” .
Clear perfume bottle for 1%
A perfume bottle filled with nothing. When part of the cap is pulled up, an atomizer capable of holding 2 ml of perfume appears. Is the bottle full of water, or is it filled with air in which float soft soap bubbles? Bubbles in the glass give the illusion of either. By giving users this experience of 'emptiness', the bottle invites them to explore the invisible sensation that is fragrance.
PLACE: Galleria Antonia Jannone
ADDRESS: Corso Garibaldi 125 (near Moscova metro station)
OPEN: 14th-18th 10:30-19:30 (19th 10:30 -17:00)
- The House of Viktor & Rolf at the Barbic…an
- Stair Rover by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA 2…012
- BingoIngo by Admir Jukanovic
- Alessandro Zambelli launches hexagonal W…oodspot table lamp
- Chapel of the Assumption Interior by Joh…n Doe
- Comic Spurs typeface is Comic Sans with …added irony
- Arne Jacobsen's Drop chair reintroduced …by Republic of Fritz Hansen
- SEAM roto-moulded lighting by Annika Fry…e
- Espresso machine by Yaniv Berg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories