Milan 2010: Japanese designers Nendo will present a seemingly-empty perfume bottle in Milan next week.
Called Clear Perfume Bottle, the design has an atomiser hidden in its cap while bubbles are trapped in the glass container.
It will be on display as part of an exhibition of Nendo's work called the Chair Garden at Galleria Antonia Jannone.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Photos are by Masayuki Hayashi.
Here are some more details from Nendo:
“clear perfume bottle” will be shown at the nendo’s private exhibition “chair garden” .
Clear perfume bottle for 1%
A perfume bottle filled with nothing. When part of the cap is pulled up, an atomizer capable of holding 2 ml of perfume appears. Is the bottle full of water, or is it filled with air in which float soft soap bubbles? Bubbles in the glass give the illusion of either. By giving users this experience of 'emptiness', the bottle invites them to explore the invisible sensation that is fragrance.
PLACE: Galleria Antonia Jannone
ADDRESS: Corso Garibaldi 125 (near Moscova metro station)
OPEN: 14th-18th 10:30-19:30 (19th 10:30 -17:00)
- Work with Indian craftsmen to keep handc…rafting skills alive, says designer Prateek Jain
- Lathe by Sebastian Brajkovic
- Pinha by Raw Edges for Materia
- New Pinterest board: Swedish design
- Dezeen's top 10 gadgets of 2014
- Shift shelving system by Patricia Urquio…la
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenhage…n's latest furniture collection
- Plus salt and pepper mills by Norway Say…s
- IDEO envisions a future where self-drivi…ng workplaces commute to you
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories