Dezeen have got together with designer and optician Gunnar Gunnarson of Icelandic spectacle company Reykjavik Eyes to give away five pairs of their titanium spectacle frames.
The frames are made of a single sheet of titanium and feature no screws, joints or hinges.
They're available in eight styles and three matt colours for each style.
Select the pair you would like to win from the Reykjavik Eyes website and let us know your preferred spectacles and colour in your competition entry (see below).
This competition is now closed.
Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter and at the bottom of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
Here's more info about Reykjavik Eyes:
Reykjavik Eyes has been conceived by Icelandic frame designer Gunnar Gunnarsson, who, as a practicing optician is all too aware of the problems of conventional spectacle frames.
From lenses falling out due to loose screws and frames being twisted or broken from everyday knocks and bumps to the general discomfort of heavy frames Gunnar recognised a need to reinvent this complex devise.
The culmination of several years designing, testing and refining is Reykjavik Eyes. Taking ‘less is more’ to its ultimate conclusion, Gunnar has created a frame whose purity in design yields inspiring, simple, truly contemporary eyewear for men and women.
Reykjavik Eyes is designed for a discerning customer whose interpretation of style goes beyond fashion. Minimalist in form and nature the frames are softly spoken and fluent in sophistication. The range offers a choice of eight unisex styles, each available in three contemporary colour ways. Enhancing the simplicity in design, complimentary matt shades, inspired by the wonders of nature, have been paired to give an appealing, double-sided finish. Capturing the spectacular qualities of Scandinavia, from expert design through to the amazing landscape, Reykjavik Eyes are the Northern Lights of eyewear.
- The range comprises 8 unisex styles in sizes ranging from 50 to 57 eye, providing options for multifocals.
- Each style is available in a choice of three contemporary matt colour ways.
- The frames are constructed from flexible, lightweight beta titanium to provide a comfortable fit.
- To maximise performance and durability the frames are innovatively designed with no screws or hinges.
- The frame design is currently ‘patent pending’.
- Polycarbonate or high index lens (1.6/1.7) recommended with standard groove. No extra tooling required.
- Award winning design – Reykjavik Eyes has been awarded the ‘Universal Design Award 2009’ and ‘Reddot design Award’ for ‘Product Design 2009’.
Congratulations to our winners! John S Clark in the USA, Yumeng Chan in the UK, Rolf Ruge in Costa Rica, Johannes Schotanus in Denmark and Oygar Erdal in Turkey.
- eBoy trainers for DKNY
- 100% Inspiration: Nina Tolstrup
- R18 Ultra Chair by Clemens Weisshaar and… Reed Kram
- Colour Injector lamp by Taras Sgibnev
- Wouldn’t it be Nice… at Somerset Hou…se
- Sosia by Emanuele Magini for Campeggi
- The Zeppelin aims to fuse the best bits …of car and bicycle design
- Ready Made Curtain by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec
- Robotic arms create custom furniture in …Kram/Weisshaar's Robochop installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories