Dezeen and British designer Tom Dixon have teamed up once again to offer our readers the chance to win one of five copies of Industry, the first in a series of self-published books by Dixon.
In the book, Dixon proposes a future with alternate policies of manufacture, commerce and consumption.
Conversations between Dixon and design critic Laura Houseley, case studies of products and anecdotes from Dixon's career are presented to illustrate his theory of Future Industry.
This competition is now closed.
Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter and at the bottom of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
Here's more about the book from Tom Dixon:
‘Industry’ is the first in a series of self-published Tom Dixon books. In this paperback, Tom sets out proposals for a Future Industry, challenging the preconceived methods of creating, selling and consuming design.
‘Industry’ includes previously unpublished conversations between Tom Dixon and design critic Laura Houseley. Also featured are product profiles and events from Tom’s career that demonstrate the Future Industry theory.
In the same spirit of Etch Light and Flash Factory, this publishing venture cuts out the middle man by employing Print On Demand technology. A limited number are available to buy from the stand during Milan Salone del Mobile and online through the Tom Dixon website for EU customers.
Product information and prices: Industry: £10 / €12 / $15
Congratulations to our winners! Joep van der Veen in the Netherlands, Morten Tejlgaard in Denmark, Narinna Gulkhasyan in Armenia, Giovanni Bellinvia in Italy and Miguel Barbot in Portugal.
- Design For Every Body curated by Svensk …Form
- Caged Message vases by Alexis Themistocl…eous
- Haunted by 36 Woman by Ted Noten
- Aeropolis by Plastique Fantastique
- "We take a very holistic approach to des…ign" - Bandar Antabi of Jawbone
- Loremo lightweight car concept
- Viggo chair made from two curving plywoo…d pieces by ShapingYourDay
- Kathleen McDermott creates expanding dre…ss to protect the wearer's personal space
- Electric Light Shoe by Freedom of Creati…on
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories