Milan 2010: London design studio Study O Portable presented a set of giant bangles resembling pineapples in Milan earlier this month.
Called Ananas, the bangles are decorated with a criss-cross pattern by rolling them between two specially-made knurling tools, which can also be worn as bangles.
See earlier stories about Foodmarketo:
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Ananas is a project that concerns the relationship between a tool of production and the resulting object, as well as a fascination for huge American roadside sculptures such the giant donuts and dinosaurs.
2 bangles with hand crafted, oversized knurling tools patterns are responsible for the production of the third and subsequent bangles. They are pressed onto the next bangle to make an impression that resembles a stylised pattern of a blown up pineapple. Both the tools and the output can be worn as bangles.
Ananas was commissioned for FoodMarketo, a joint venture by Apartamento Magazine and DesignMarketo which took place at Kaleidoscope Project Space during Milan Design Week 2010.
|Crystal Candy by
|More stories on
- Glowing stars by Pernilla Ohrstedt decor…ate Christmas tree in London hotel
- Wonderwater Cafe at Tian Hai by Jane Wit…hers, Kari Korkman and Aalto University
- BAC chair by Jasper Morrison for Cappell…ini
- Corner Bin by Kitman Keung
- Ma.Mo. by Sunya Studio
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes stan…d to nestle into awkward spaces
- Chandigarh by Doshi Levien
- Note Design Studio designs colourful ash… tables for Fogia
- Rotator by Ron Arad for Teuco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories