Berlin designers Formfjord have made concrete pebbles for stone-skipping across water.
Called Ruhrsteine, the products are cast from real pebbles found by the river Ruhr and imprinted with a symbol prompting users to throw them away.
Here are some more details from the designers:
FORMFJORD'S RUHRSTEINE – A THROW-AWAY PRODUCT
Inspired by the culture of "skipping stones“ Formfjord copied selected flat pebbles – perfectly formed by Nature and reproduced them in special concrete.
In the course of European Capital of Culture Ruhr 2010, Formfjord introduces these "Ruhrsteine“, collected at river Ruhr as a limited Edition.
"Ruhrsteine“ have only one practical benefit – making people happy when throwing them away.
The cast in "throw-away-symbol“ unmistakably prompts you to use the product in this spirit: Unpack and throw-away.
|Waterpebble by Priestmangoode||Concrete Buckle by
- Jasper Morrison for Samsung
- Smart Fortwo Toile H edition by Hermès
- Bacteria produces textiles for Skin body… adornments by Sammy Jobbins Wells
- Movie: Nike Zoom Victory Elite
- VOID V02 brushed stainless steel at Deze…en Watch Store
- Sleepy Chair by Daisuke Motogi Architect…ure
- Powerless Structures, Fig.101 by Elmgree…n and Dragset
- Folly by Ron Arad for Magis
- M6 chair by Joe Buttigieg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories