The design on each floor represents a specific decade in twentieth century fashion, starting from 1910 through to 1990.
The signage was designed using materials relevant to the decade represented in each space.
Photography is by Peter Bennetts.
More about Buro North on Dezeen:
Here's some more information from the designers:
MYER, Australia's largest department store recently relocated their head office. BVN Architects commissioned Büro North to design graphic embellishments and signage throughout the space.
After a thorough research phase, we crafted design which evolves throughout the nine floors.
Each floor is themed by a specific decade in twentieth century fashion, starting with the 1910's and working up through the building to the 1990's.
Wall Graphics were relief routered and signage developed using a feature material relevant to the decade.
Toilet pictograms were given the same decade relevant treatment creating a subtle and sophisticated interpretation of MYER's heritage.
|D.Vision Dental Clinic by
|Eco Christmas tree by
|Solar Shade by
- Eaton Terrace by Project Orange
- The Wright by Andre Kikoski Architect
- Royal College of Art Student Union Caf…e by Weston Surman & Deane
- Lego PMD by Rosan Bosch and Rune Fjord
- Nike Air Force 1 Store by Torafu Archi…tects
- 99c offices by Inhouse Brand Architect…s feature a waiting room inside a shipping container
- Don't surrender to "standardised produ…cts" says Indian architect Anupama Kundoo
- My Caravan Studio by Paul Coudamy
- House in Hiyoshi by Camp Design Inc.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories