London studio Gundry & Ducker have completed the interior for a Thai restaurant in Soho, London, featuring moulded oak panelling.
Called Rosa's, the interior space features oak wood panels that form the backrests, wall partitions and booths.
The moulded panels are lined with brass plates at the edges.
A red and brown colour scheme runs throughout the ground floor space, which is intended for use during the day, while a darker colour scheme in the basement reflects its use primarily as an evening space.
Photographs are by Hufton + Crow (except detail shots).
Here's some more information from the architects:
Rosa's - A Thai restaurant in Soho, London.
The design is intended to bring to mind traditional British cafe interiors, but to also make reference to the Thai food served. The soft lighting and use of pink and red create a warm and inviting interior.
High back settles break up the ground floor, forming booths and partitions clad in modified oak ogee mouldings.
The mouldings are manipulated to form coat hooks, lamps, a 'pie crust' edge to the tables, and cut away to reveal a waiter station and clock.
Laser-cut brass plates, with edges echoing the oak profiles, decorate the walls, each featuring a different animal from the menu. The ceiling is made up from gloss pink panels in a brick pattern, set behind a deep frame.
The scheme is repeated in the basement, but this time in black gloss, grey and reclaimed teak, giving a darker and more intimate atmosphere which reflects its use as primarily an evening space.
|Viet Hoa Cafe by
|Suzukake Honten by Case-Real||More interior stories
- Lucca llena shoe store by Ryutaro Matsuu…ra
- Inside award winners on Dezeen
- Glass, timber and stone showroom created… by Toyo Ito for Kinnasand's "sensitive fabric"
- Form Us With Love creates waterfront bee…r garden for a Stockholm museum
- WORKac shuns "office as playground" for …Wieden + Kennedy's NY headquarters
- Second Nature by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Xintiandi Penthouse by Joyce Wang is "a …celebration of metal"
- AS Aperitivo by Nika Zupanc
- Alma-nac renovates London apartments wit…h colourful herringbone patterns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories