Called The Scent of Crystal, the project was proposed by Yoshioka while working with the brand but will not be put into production.
More about Tokujin Yoshioka in our special category.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
"The scent of crystal" - Swarovski
For this symbolic work, Tokujin set up the concept of "Wearing the scent of crystal."
While Tokujin has been conducting several collaboration projects with Swarovski, he was commissioned to come up with a concept design for a product that symbolizes Swarovski.
Rather than by rearranging visual shapes, he pondered of designing a perfume bottle with a thoroughly new concept, which is to affect the senses.
The intent of the design is to bottle crystal within perfume, and to let the crystal fit in the scent.
Even this project had not been realized, Tokujin developed a new perspective.
|Clear Perfume Bottle
by Nendo for 1%
|A Scent bottle by Arik Levy
for Issey Miyake
|All our stories about
- Architonic presents products from Salone… del Mobile and Euroluce 2009
- CLS Mobile Drive by Sylvain Willenz
- Bold by Big-Game
- "I don't really believe in instruction m…anuals" - Marc Newson
- Peye and Olive by Numéro 111 for Ligne …Roset
- Designers Lucy.D rethink "kitsch" Vienne…se cakes for historic Café Landtmann
- Form Us With Love adds colourful acousti…c panels to Baux range
- Branca by Industrial Facility for Mattia…zzi
- Kid Robot store by MASH Studios
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories