Called The Scent of Crystal, the project was proposed by Yoshioka while working with the brand but will not be put into production.
More about Tokujin Yoshioka in our special category.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
"The scent of crystal" - Swarovski
For this symbolic work, Tokujin set up the concept of "Wearing the scent of crystal."
While Tokujin has been conducting several collaboration projects with Swarovski, he was commissioned to come up with a concept design for a product that symbolizes Swarovski.
Rather than by rearranging visual shapes, he pondered of designing a perfume bottle with a thoroughly new concept, which is to affect the senses.
The intent of the design is to bottle crystal within perfume, and to let the crystal fit in the scent.
Even this project had not been realized, Tokujin developed a new perspective.
|Clear Perfume Bottle
by Nendo for 1%
|A Scent bottle by Arik Levy
for Issey Miyake
|All our stories about
- Good Vibrations by Ferruccio Laviani for… Fratelli Boffi
- Cocoon by Tanya Shukstelinsky
- The Coiling Collection by Raw Edges
- Beautiful Planets by Béatrix Li-Chin Lo…os at Galerie Gosserez
- Customisable furniture means "no more tr…ends" says Philippe Starck
- Poles Apart by Adrian Bergman
- Power of Making at the V&A
- Stencil furniture by Julien Carretero
- Opus Incertum by Sean Yoo for Casamania
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories