Called The Scent of Crystal, the project was proposed by Yoshioka while working with the brand but will not be put into production.
More about Tokujin Yoshioka in our special category.
Here's some more information from Tokujin Yoshioka:
"The scent of crystal" - Swarovski
For this symbolic work, Tokujin set up the concept of "Wearing the scent of crystal."
While Tokujin has been conducting several collaboration projects with Swarovski, he was commissioned to come up with a concept design for a product that symbolizes Swarovski.
Rather than by rearranging visual shapes, he pondered of designing a perfume bottle with a thoroughly new concept, which is to affect the senses.
The intent of the design is to bottle crystal within perfume, and to let the crystal fit in the scent.
Even this project had not been realized, Tokujin developed a new perspective.
|Clear Perfume Bottle
by Nendo for 1%
|A Scent bottle by Arik Levy
for Issey Miyake
|All our stories about
- Luminaire and Salvatori
- Topshop Showspace SS14 by Pernilla Ohrst…edt Studio
- Rolf Sachs previews Milan show
- Super Contemporary interviews: Hussein C…halayan
- Batucada collection by Jahara Studio
- Plastic Polo for Lacoste by Michael Youn…g
- Jeremy Maxwell Wintrebert exhibits blown…-glass "clouds" at Gallery Fumi
- Les French by Studio Glithero
- Muller Van Severen to present new furnit…ure at Viaduct exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories