Mexican studio Anagrama have created the interiors and branding for the first shop in Mexico dedicated to French macarons.
Called Theurel & Thomas, the store is predominantly white to allow the colours of the macarons to stand out.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Theurel & Thomas is the first pâtisserie in Mexico specialized in French macarons, the most popular dessert of the French pastries.
For this project it was very important to create an imposing brand that would emphasize the unique value, elegance and detail of this delicate dessert.
One of the most important extensions of a brand, which has a business based in store selling, is the design and ambiance of the stores. The pâtisserie of Theurel & Thomas has an enlighten space with an exclusivity and elegance atmosphere.
The store location is found in San Pedro, Mx. Latin America's most affluent suburb.
White is a central part of the design and it plays as a contrast with the colors of the French macarons.
Details were an essential part of our work. We meticulously selected each porcelain piece making a balance with sophisticated specks that made the value of the brand and the exclusivity of the product outshine. We created the brand as well as the architectural space.
- Mirror of Judgement by Michelangelo Pist…oletto at the Serpentine Gallery
- Step Inside bar by Giles Miller
- Ferrer store by Studio Arne Quinze
- Nudie Jeans London by Maria Erixon Levin
- Candy Crush offices are designed as a ca…rtoon "kingdom"
- Octium Jewelry shop by Jaime Hayón
- PAC House by A+R Arquitectos
- Konstantin Grcic at Appartement N° 50
- Dezeen archive: pop-up shops
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories