The chair can be transformed into a tall stool by slotting the tab at the bottom of the wooden back-rest into a slit in the middle of the seat.
Kowalski has also created a wooden bench, which can be folded and easily carried.
Read more about this year's graduate shows in our special category.
Here's some more information from Kowalski:
My process is based on finding the simplest possible solutions. I use natural materials to create simply manufactured forms which come together in simple constructions that maximise functionality.
This "less is more" leads me to products which are easy to pack and distribute, easy to put together and easy to use. The resulting aesthetic is simple and true toits function, each detail has a defined and intuitive purpose.
Multi-purpose chair/stool for everyday use. This design provides a foldable space-saving solution for modern, open-plan living areas. Many kitchens nowadays are connected to the living room to create one larger, open space.
The only visible divider between the two functions is often a dividing bar, otherwise known as an "island". My chair can become a bar stool and functions with an "island", as well as providing comfortable seating by a dining table. It can then be folded away completely after use.
Outdoor folding bench.
This design is a simple, lightweight solution to the problem of foldable multi-person seating. The bench is easy to fold and store over winter, or overnight for commercial use. It's simple and natural aesthetic also makes it perfect for gardens and terraces.
|RCA Platform 10 present
- Grand cabinets by Mathieu Gustafsson and… Niklas Karlsson
- STEEL chair by Reinier de Jong
- Hidden Layers by Folkform
- Jaime Hayón says his Groninger Museum e…xhibition is full of "all kinds of crazy products"
- Leaf by Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muut…o
- Dezeen Watch Store at Ligne Roset Westen…d
- Reed Krakoff creates furniture made from… felt for Established & Sons
- Snag by Patrick Frey and Markus Boge
- Gaetano Pesce for Meritalia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories