Graduate designer Jacques-Elie Craig Ribeyron's shaving set is made of stainles steel with a black PVD coating, normally applied to enhance the durability of industrial tools.
The set includes a trimmer, razor and shaving brush, which Craig Ribeyron designed as part of his diploma project at the Ecole Cantonale d'art de Lausanne (ECAL) in Switzerland.
Moving parts are joined with wing nuts and the brush is angled so the bristles can dry without becoming distorted.
Here's some more information from Jacques-Elie Craig Ribeyron:
Trimmer, Razor and Shaving Brush
The main idea of the project was to take inspiration in shaving accessories we were using in the early 50's and make an actual design who would respect the spirit and pleasure of shaving lost in today's shaving products.
The set have a manual trimmer, a razor and a shaving brush. It is designed to be as simple as possible and heavy-duty to be durable. Trimmer and razor can be disassembled easily to be cleaned or to change the blade.
The razor works with safety blades such as Derby and Personna. The shaving brush has an angle to let the hairs dry properly. The three are made of stainless steel with a black pvd coating.
This project have won an ''Prix d'excellence'' at ECAL in July 2010.
|Bronze Age by
|More from Graduate
- Jomi Evers Solheim creates ceramics usin…g water-filled balloons
- Wouldn’t it be Nice… at Somerset Hou…se
- Visitors try lake-flavoured water and in…sect tacos at Wrocław exhibition
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with ho…ney-coloured Vulkan Beehives
- 1Z by Continuum
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdoor… furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- Windoil by Dave Hakkens
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothersat Vit…ra Design Museum 2
- Recycled marble dust used to create simp…le homeware range by Francesca Gattello
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories