Graduate designer Jacques-Elie Craig Ribeyron's shaving set is made of stainles steel with a black PVD coating, normally applied to enhance the durability of industrial tools.
The set includes a trimmer, razor and shaving brush, which Craig Ribeyron designed as part of his diploma project at the Ecole Cantonale d'art de Lausanne (ECAL) in Switzerland.
Moving parts are joined with wing nuts and the brush is angled so the bristles can dry without becoming distorted.
Here's some more information from Jacques-Elie Craig Ribeyron:
Trimmer, Razor and Shaving Brush
The main idea of the project was to take inspiration in shaving accessories we were using in the early 50's and make an actual design who would respect the spirit and pleasure of shaving lost in today's shaving products.
The set have a manual trimmer, a razor and a shaving brush. It is designed to be as simple as possible and heavy-duty to be durable. Trimmer and razor can be disassembled easily to be cleaned or to change the blade.
The razor works with safety blades such as Derby and Personna. The shaving brush has an angle to let the hairs dry properly. The three are made of stainless steel with a black pvd coating.
This project have won an ''Prix d'excellence'' at ECAL in July 2010.
|Bronze Age by
|More from Graduate
- Moody Couch by Hanna Emelie Ernsting
- Iris by Mimi Zou at Show RCA 2012
- Benjamin Hubert exposes timber frames …in Prop furniture collection for Moroso
- Daan Roosegaarde's Waterlicht installa…tion mimics northern lights in Dutch skies
- Faithful Copy by Amy Hunting
- Stian Korntved Ruud is hand carving a …wooden spoon every day for a year
- Corian Design Studio by Michael Young
- Tokujin Yoshioka uses millions of stra…ws to recreate Tornado installation in Japan
- Simon Legald simplifies wine accessori…es for Normann Copenhagen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories