These vases by Jakub Berdych of Qubus Design Studio comprise hand-blown glass pieces attached to plastic buckets.
The glass components slot into standard-sized buckets, drawing on the way flower stalls display cut flowers for sale in buckets of water.
Photos are by Gabriel Urbanek.
Here's some more information from Berdych:
Qubus Design studio / Jakub Berdych, 2010
The story behind the Bucket vase is that designer Jakub Berdych collects the buckets in general for couple of years, as he has a gallery project in mind using them.... The vases were designed with this in mind. Jakub Berdych is fascinated by the simple shape of an bucket that has not changed over the last 40 years or so.
Berdych often works and likes the contradictions of things, the juxtaposition, the new relationship between them and the process of raising slightly ordinary, almost ugly product into a new beautiful object. Jakub Berdych's works are based on the perfect craftsmenship and treatment of the material.
Bucket Vase is one such object. A bucket, treated with beautiful glass blown material, become a luxury vase. The inspiration for this object were also the flower shops, that display all the flowers in simple bucket. Also the aim to elevate and add some "dignity" to the bucket... a simple but quite nicely shaped product.
|RGB Vases – P242
by Oscar Diaz
- Fiona O'Neill hand-paints dresses for Ce…ntral Saint Martins fashion show
- The Skullmate by Luke Twigger
- Form 6 G3 vibrator by Jimmyjane
- Emilio Nanni's Spy chair features a thin… seat to expose its frame
- Delta by Inga Sempé for Tectona
- Note Design Studio encases Elements ligh…ts in soft-hued fabric shades
- BioElectric by Jeongwon Ji
- Issue No.1 by Laetitia de Allegri and Ev…a Feldkamp
- NASA's travel posters promote newly disc…overed planets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories