Top and above photographs are by Sadao Hotta Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
Each bench comprises two or more folded stainless steel elements joined together to support each other.
Above photograph is by Kuniya Oyamada Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
All photographs are by Mount Fuji Architects Studio unless stated otherwise.
Here’s some more from the designers:
“in flakes” / street furniture in ARTS TOWADA -
Towada city has snowflakes floating around in winter, cherry blossoms floating around in spring, sunlight sifting down through the trees in summer, leaves floating around autumn, and artworks spreading over the city. There is always something floating around through the city’s clear air.
“in flakes” is made of stainless steel with its surface polished like a mirror. So, it reflects many kinds of things in Towada city.
|Pop Rivet by TAF
at Bench 10
|Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode||Poetic License
- Lounge Chair by David Irwin
- Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones by …Studio Toogood and Izé
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Em…elie Ernsting
- Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler
- Moke by Michael Young
- Mondaine pocketwatch and ladies' timep…iece arrive at Dezeen Watch Store
- Electric Light Shoe by Freedom of Crea…tion
- Big-Game's Hammer Lamp combines tradit…ional and contemporary metalwork
- Kickstarter record-breaking Pebble sma…rtwatch goes into production
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories