Top and above photographs are by Sadao Hotta Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
Each bench comprises two or more folded stainless steel elements joined together to support each other.
Above photograph is by Kuniya Oyamada Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
All photographs are by Mount Fuji Architects Studio unless stated otherwise.
Here’s some more from the designers:
“in flakes” / street furniture in ARTS TOWADA -
Towada city has snowflakes floating around in winter, cherry blossoms floating around in spring, sunlight sifting down through the trees in summer, leaves floating around autumn, and artworks spreading over the city. There is always something floating around through the city’s clear air.
“in flakes” is made of stainless steel with its surface polished like a mirror. So, it reflects many kinds of things in Towada city.
|Pop Rivet by TAF
at Bench 10
|Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode||Poetic License
- Ume-play and Karakusa-play ceramics by N…endo
- More Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chal…ayan
- Lodelei by Martin Pärn and Edina Dufala…-Pärn for Nils Holger Moormann
- Nir Meiri stacks Babilus Vases from ring…s of bamboo, chipboard and Corian
- Yu-Chang Chou develops a reusable packag…ing service for sustainable online shopping
- Plastic bottles woven with wicker form C…himbarongo shades for PET Lamps project
- Il Hoon Roh weaves carbon fibre string i…nto curved armchair
- Distilled Nature by BCXSY
- Rubber lamp by Thomas Schnur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories