Called The Country Trainer, the design combines canvas with suede and is a reworking of the brand's first product from the late 1920s.
More from Jasper Morrison at the London Design Festival: Punkt. DP 01 telephone
Here's some more information from Camper:
The collaboration between Jasper Morrison and Camper was born whilst discussing the shoemaker’s origins and the first shoe they ever sold, the Camaleon.
A practical shoe for the hard working Mallorcans of the late 1920s, the first version was a hand-stitched product made from tyre treads, canvas and cut-to-size hemp thread. Many developments later, Camper’s reinvention of the Camaleon was released in 1975. For a shoe company driven by progress it was a natural decision to want to update its first ever offering and thirty- five years later Jasper Morrison is the designer they chose to handle the task.
Renamed The Country Trainer, Morrison’s design retains the functional nature and simple spirit of the original model in a more contemporary and sporty shape. The combination of canvas fabrics with suede leather gives the shoe a discrete look in keeping with the designer’s language, whilst the unmistakable Ideal Stitching Construction provides Camper’s comfort ensuring maximum flexibility.
|r5.5 by Jasper Morrison
|BAC chair by Jasper Morrison
|Pipe and Trattoria
by Jasper Morrison
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- ReMIX Studio outlines hutong house renov…ation plans with UV installation
- Movie: Nike GS Football Boot
- Toshi cabinets by Luca Nichetto for Casa…mania
- Reed Krakoff creates furniture made from… felt for Established & Sons
- Nir Meiri's double-headed 2 Moons lamp m…imics celestial bodies
- Studio Siem & Pabon's Fervent Carpet kil…ls dust mites to relieve asthma sufferers
- Foster 510 by Foster + Partners
- Les Ailes Noires by +tongtong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories