Called The Country Trainer, the design combines canvas with suede and is a reworking of the brand's first product from the late 1920s.
More from Jasper Morrison at the London Design Festival: Punkt. DP 01 telephone
Here's some more information from Camper:
The collaboration between Jasper Morrison and Camper was born whilst discussing the shoemaker’s origins and the first shoe they ever sold, the Camaleon.
A practical shoe for the hard working Mallorcans of the late 1920s, the first version was a hand-stitched product made from tyre treads, canvas and cut-to-size hemp thread. Many developments later, Camper’s reinvention of the Camaleon was released in 1975. For a shoe company driven by progress it was a natural decision to want to update its first ever offering and thirty- five years later Jasper Morrison is the designer they chose to handle the task.
Renamed The Country Trainer, Morrison’s design retains the functional nature and simple spirit of the original model in a more contemporary and sporty shape. The combination of canvas fabrics with suede leather gives the shoe a discrete look in keeping with the designer’s language, whilst the unmistakable Ideal Stitching Construction provides Camper’s comfort ensuring maximum flexibility.
|r5.5 by Jasper Morrison
|BAC chair by Jasper Morrison
|Pipe and Trattoria
by Jasper Morrison
- Manuscript by Paul Cocksedge Studio
- New plusminuszero collection
- K01 by Marc Newson for Pentax
- Featured event: Show RCA 2011
- Sometimes by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Heal's launches Ambrose collection for s…pace-starved city dwellers
- Orolog by Jaime Hayon launches exclusive…ly at Dezeen Watch Store pop-up
- Porcelain by Jaime Hayón for Kutani Cho…emon
- Led Zeppelin by Arthur Analts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories